Trump's sad new blog is already a flop as the numbers (and this funny video) show

Originally published at: Trump's sad new blog is already a flop as the numbers (and this funny video) show | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Who?

44 Likes

120s16

20 Likes

giphy-4

28 Likes

I find this pretty remarkable, for as popular as he is among his base, his followers can’t be arsed to leave Twitter or Facebook to keep tabs on him.

The internet has made us all lazy.

27 Likes

tumblr_c934395d879b1bd107e1e75a3e29c7f7_d3556c7e_500

36 Likes

trumptrash

46 Likes

22 Likes

One of those low-ratings loo-sahs, I see.

21 Likes

51 Likes

The best line in that piece:

“In the week ending on 18 May, the entire website received only about 4 million visitors – less than the websites Petfinder, Delish, or Squarespace.”

Ouch. (4 million bots or one crazy cat lady in North Korea.)

15 Likes

Is the number of “engagements on social media” truly a good metric for a guy who was kicked off social media? Surely there is a less biased metric.

Not that I give a rat’s ass about The Former Guy, bless his crooked little heart.

Who gives a fuck. Can we please be done with trump?

Q has metastasized into self-management. Trump is no longer of use and should be discarded.

11 Likes

Well, this is not surprising. As illiterate and muddle-minded as he is, his followers are more so. They do not read or write; television often taxes their shiny smooth bowling ball brains.

8 Likes

15 Likes

[sad trombone noise]
trombone

19 Likes

Or “whistling in the wind,” as Elon university professor Megan Squire put it

Wait, does Musk have a scam university too? /s

Also, gonna presume the daily engagements are from reporters seeing what he’s up to

4 Likes

Plus, his blog posts are wordy. The average length of his last 10 posts is 1,033 characters: nearly 4 consecutive maximum-length tweets. That’s well beyond the attention span of your typical MAGAt, and far beyond the interest level of the rest of us.

8 Likes

Not surprising. This shows how a large, successful platform can perpetuate ideas to a larger audience out of the convenience of the platform. How much of it was being shared not just by fans, but by not-fans posting “Look what this shit head posted again.”

I guess my criticism that Twitter’s short post lengths make it impossible to convey any statement that has any more than the most simple of complexity, didn’t take into account that short quips are way more viral.

I would like to think that part of it is because he is now a loser and many people are distancing themselves from him - but Trump still wants to play Kingmaker.

We can, but are the Republicans? That is the question. He is still relevant because what he says still has impact within the party. If he plays Kingmaker in 2022 and the people he picks to endorse are big winners, expect his power within the party to continue to be an issue. If he largely backs people who lose, more and more people are going to see him as a kiss of death and abandon him.

9 Likes

I’m this much done with that piece of sh!t.

Right Now!

16 Likes