Trump's shocking new wife revelation: Did he replace Melania with Mercedes? [Update: he was referring to Mercedes Schlapp]

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/26/trumps-shocking-new-wife-revelation-did-he-replace-melania-with-mercedes.html

6 Likes

Yeah maybe. It’s not impossible though that they have pet names for each other. My wife and I do.

5 Likes

Odd though that this is the first time we’re hearing about Trump’s pet name for Melania.

12 Likes

He hasn’t forgotten her name, he’s just confused her with his car.
Donald Trump Cognitive Test GIF by GIPHY News

20 Likes

Does this mean Trump had a brief love affair with a semitruck?

18 Likes

The excuse they’re using is that he was referring to Mercedes Schlapp, though.

My mother-in-law has Alzheimer’s and she’s called me by the names of her late husband, her son and a couple of her brothers-in-law.

18 Likes

Trump doesn’t give people “pet names” and he doesn’t use terms of endearment. The closest he’s ever come are the myriad cruel nicknames he bestows on his enemies.

In which case it would be another example of Trump’s mind wandering off topic mid-sentence, so still not good.

25 Likes

New trending GIF tagged glee eye roll mercedes… | Trending Gifs

8 Likes

See? It’s begun already. The Dems forced her to change her name just like they’ll do to Pennsylvania.

16 Likes

And it just continues apace, at a recent South Carolina rally trump made various curious references, including: “His soup pie cane is broken”. (the money is currently on a wild shot toward “supply chain”) Considering these and several other similar occurrences, a psychologist from Johns Hopkins, Dr John Gartner points out:

Phonemic paraphasias is the substitution of non-words for words that sound similar—are not normally seen until a patient enters the moderate to severe stages of Alzheimer’s.

23 Likes

Trump uttered another non-word the other day – “sooden” instead of “students”. It’s at the end of the first clip.

16 Likes

Did they ever say what Pennsylvania would be changed to? I remember ages ago hearing a conspiracy that Manhattan would be changed to Personhattan as part of “PC culture”.

Perhaps we could call it Tellervania?

Penn And Teller Reaction GIF by CBS

24 Likes

Serious question: has Melania been seen with him at rallies and such?

11 Likes

Well, she does have a first-rate paint job.

6 Likes

I think that should be “cruel, stupid, and unfunny nicknames”. The man lacks both the wit to be properly cutting or the humour to be funny. He is the subject of many witty nicknames, the creator of none.

16 Likes
3 Likes

I’m just going to quote Keith Olbermann:

Trump spews out astonishing evidence of his dementia, brain trauma, and possible substance abuse on an hourly basis. There is NO reason to add to this list easily disproven nonsense. He did NOT call his wife “Mercedes” at CPAC.

She (Mercedes Schlapp) was either hosting this CPAC event, or had some role in it, anyway, and Trump mentioned her at another point in the same speech, saying he’d blame her if he did poorly in South Carolina.

21 Likes

His mind is Tiffany twisted. He has the Mercedes bends. When will he put his stink campaign on ice?

21 Likes

Read what the RNC was pushing out late last year - Melania would be at his side for every rally, every court appearance… she was really going to step up and play the supportive role, yessir.

She hasn’t, of course. Her main goal in life right now is to become a widow.

(it was all a ploy to get the votes of those Conservative Christian types who respect a man who keeps his property on a short leash) (/sarc)

19 Likes

My guess would be Melania. (out of spite)

3 Likes