Trump's tiny sausage fingers too small to mask his "how to human" crib-sheet for mass shooting presser

When I learnt that Giro, the maker of my new bike helmet is owned by a company that also makes AR15s, I resolved to switch brands for my next purchase, and have told anyone who would listen of the connection. I’ll also be avoiding Fedex, but none of the other not-yet-crossed-out brands mean anything to me.

2 Likes

Really sorry about this recycled old bad taste too soon joke but I can’t resist:

Trump is probably just envious of all the Billy Graham coverage, now he can say he to caused millions of people world wide to jump up and scream “Jesus Christ!!”.

I’ll probably get banned.

3 Likes

Your “sardonic tone” detector may be in need of adjustment.

1 Like

it’s a fundamental ( ouch, sorry ) for the religious right. it’s like if someone gets sick, it’s not because they weren’t vaccinated - it’s because they didn’t believe or pray hard enough.

bad things only happen to bad people. or people who aren’t trying hard enough. if an approach fails, you’re not wrong - come on, you know the secret to eternal salvation, how could you be wrong about anything!? - no, it’s because your approach was never fully followed. your belief was never fully followed.

guns didn’t save you? well, we must need more guns.

some people are morally opposed to being wrong.

5 Likes

The solution of course is to get rid of the second amendment all together. No guns, no mass shootings. It’s time for Democrats to frakking get serious about this.

I recall a few chaps at Vegas had guns in cars etc, and actually went to fetch them.

“Fat lot of good”.

5 Likes

Well around here (Ontario, Canada) teaching assistants already wear kevlar to protect them from the kids… http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/violence-toward-waterloo-teachers-1.4500031

2 Likes

Yeah, there were a lot of people with guns in that case. There were other cases where gun owners actually were within sight of the shooter during a rampage - and still managed to change nothing.

5 Likes

guns and drugs have similar solutions. legalize, and regulate the f out of them. provide treatment for people obsessed with collecting too much or too many. keep them out of schools and the hands of children.

really it is about the same.

instead, of course, the right wing believes the solution for both is more guns and more violence. stop the “bad guys” rather than look at the statistics and address the actual problem.

3 Likes

I sincerely believe the right wing is composed of individuals who are either financially beholden to or tarnished by the profiteering and sociologically corrosive armaments / military industrial complex groups, and even unwillingly are caused to toe the line.

They’re not really a political party, but a shambolic and damaged collation of splinter groups and factions trying desperately to conceal the true underlying chaos.

So I think they don’t actually believe anything. Everything is simply a means to an end.

But whatever the situation, they are tainted in every minute of their existence by the repugnant support, in the face of all evidence, of a population armed to the teeth.

History is not going to judge these idiots well.

i mostly agree with you at this point.

i mean who believes in the right to play soldier with an ak? because freedom? then unleash the tactical nukes. because we all should have the right to play mad dictator as well.

they’ve already agreed to the “slippery slope” ( their words ) of regulating weapons. so stop supporting mass murder already.

1 Like

The evidence I’ve seen is that in the populace the republicans aren’t much more than a coalition of single issue voters willing to sacrifice any and all principles they stand for in order to vote for someone who claims to support their single pet interest. Whether that’s voting for someone who’s anti-choice who’s also a rapist. Or someone who’s pro-gun who also supports conversion “therapy”. Or someone who’s “america first” while not willing to fund foodstamps.

Republican voters for all intents and purposes are low-information voters who willingly allow themselves to be manipulated by only standing on one principle, selfishly and with no concern for overall policy.

1 Like

Better picture of The List:

(And FFS, he has “45” embroidered on his fucking cuffs…)

1 Like

& @gatto

Yep it’s fascinating. Having watched and studied the ongoin transition of Malaysia from tangibly multi-co-operative towards full on sharia law, I have developed a conviction that people in the USA are basically being worked over, over a long period of time. Social media clearly allows targetting, so the theme of isolate and create focus on a single hot issue has accelerated dramatically.

People gave yielded self-education and determination to dopamine feedback loops.

2 Likes

Your lack of extremism is unusual. Are you sure you’re American?

This is exactly what I see at the grassroots. Some of the kindest, most talented people I’ve ever known fit this mold precisely. They see themselves as “voting for the lesser evil”. They never get to make any vote that actually makes them happy, because despite all their single-issue rationalizing, in their guts they don’t like voting for evil.

If I could advise anyone debating gun control (I’m happy with the gun control where I live), try this as a rebuttal to the “good guy with a gun” argument:

“What makes you think your GGwaG will be any more useful than the 3 or 4 well-trained ones in Parkland?”

I’d say the argument is pretty much done, anyway - since now apparently there were also 4 armed deputies (last responders) outside hiding behind vehicles. But of course as my father in law says (a gun enthusiast) apparently there are 10,000 incidents per year in which guns have saved people. I suppose it comes from that telephone survey where they asked 1500 people how many times they were protected by having a gun. Gun rights activists would of course say they did, probably every time they walked around carrying one.

The key thing is now that the kids are vocal, to stay on track and continue with the targeting and the boycott, if corporations have the same rights as humans, and free speech=money as citizen’s united (both BS) let them feel it where it hurts. Recall that after the Vegas shooting something was going to be done about bump stocks - forget it, if anything they passed laws relaxing regulations.

Consider how powerful the gun lobby has become, with all the Grade A etc rating for every politican
(See Marion Hammer in the recent New Yorker) the other side needs to get even more activist.

Corporations may find there is no middle ground such as Delta Airlines, whose tax breaks are now threatened by the Lt. Gov of Georgia. I’m sure he is also aware that thanks to the Delta Air HQ in Georgia they are the largest employer in the state. Meaning that other states would be happy to attract them. While for instance Amazon may think twice about Savannah.

It is interesting to note that much of the NRA activism is relatively recent since the late 60s More Perfect the Gun Show

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.