Texas AG Ken Paxton suggests arming teachers

Originally published at: Texas AG Ken Paxton suggests arming teachers | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Try something that isn’t proven BS, Paxton.

29 Likes

Arming Teachers? By all means, please proceed with more arms!

16 Likes

What could possibly go wrong?

38 Likes

I suggest putting that criminal Paxton in prison where he belongs. There is no reason a guy under indictment for fraud charges that would put him away for life should be the chief prosecutor of the state.

Stupid corrupt (insert favorite expletive here).

31 Likes

How long after teachers are armed will it be before a teacher somewhere pulls out a gun a kills a student because they’re pissed at them.

31 Likes

stay F@CKING CLASSY, TEXASS!
why do i have to repeat myself?
…again!..

17 Likes

The best case scenario for the Republican approach to stopping school shootings still involves a teacher being forced to kill a child.

38 Likes

This is Texas. Some teachers there can already legally carry guns. The GOP response, of course, will be that now even more Texas teachers need to carry guns.

14 Likes

A mass shooter will always have the upper hand in a situation like that anyway.

In a crowded school every other person is a target for the killer. They don’t have to be careful about who they hit. If the people trying to stop the killer hit anyone other than the killer themselves in all the chaos then they’ve just made the situation worse instead of better.

41 Likes

Same point my wife has made (she’s a teacher). Also the point about “teacher has bad day and snaps.” Also another point: “where is that gun gonna be? If I’m wearing it because I need it at hand in case of a shooter, that means a kid could grab it off me and become a shooter.”

Arming teachers is a recipe for another bloodbath and not a solution.

32 Likes

yes yes… the answer to X is always more X. soon everyone, toddlers, mentally deranged, not only allowed guns but are required to carry them. The world sees this for the madness that it is. Hell, one can probably suppose a majority of Americans sees it as insanity. But the majority doesn’t run things in the states, does it?

14 Likes

Yeah my wife teaches elementary school and was reflecting on how frequently she leaves her glasses lying around.

Every additional gun brought onto a school campus is another opportunity for a deadly shooting, either from a kid grabbing the gun or from a tragic accident.

20 Likes

My respect to your wife.
Yeah. Enough kids die or kill someone else with guns at home. Do not want that in school

16 Likes

I’ve spent some quality time training special forces folk here in the US (EOD typically but they have the same core skills as the trigger-pullers) and they laugh at all of the open carry kids, pointing out that if it goes down - those humans get shot first. It’s simple logic that some seem incapable of grasping.

More guns in a room is not the solution…

22 Likes

Facts never convinced a Republican of anything

26 Likes

It’s never about convincing those write-offs. It’s about doing what we can to make sure that their BS doesn’t turn into force of law.

19 Likes

How’s about we just PAY teachers better for a start.

11 Likes

Stocks in gun companies do.

6 Likes

So it’s okay to talk about arming teaching, but it’s still too soon after the latest atrocity to discuss gun control - right?

22 Likes