Trump's weekend of witness intimidation

… in which house though :thinking:

7 Likes

The Mar-a-Lago golf course outhouse?

7 Likes

We’ve covered this dozens of times in the various threads discussing his various legal troubles over the years. He gets a cell to himself. Secret Service can watch a video monitor perfectly fine.

8 Likes

Besides, even if it were hard it’s something they really should figure out at this point. Trump shouldn’t get a pass on jail because nobody anticipated making that work, when the possibility has been obvious for a while now.

5 Likes

It seems unlikely that there isn’t a team at the Secret Service right now working on this problem. It really isn’t that hard.

5 Likes

My thought-experiment with celebrity trials is to ask “How would they treat a janitor behaving this way?”

3 Likes

It’s supposed to be about giving someone enough rope, and they will hang themselves - instead, in this situation, Trump is the one grabbing all the rope he can see, like a toddler with a death wish, and a lot of people are very much going out of their way to swat it out of his tiny little fists so he doesn’t hang himself.

4 Likes

/me nods

They are giving him all the chances possible to play by the rules, even though everyone knows that he can’t help but break those rules.

4 Likes

Is the “yelling FIRE in a crowded theater” argument valid here?

4 Likes

Nah, making a disingenuous claim that your First Amendment rights are being violated is a right protected by the First Amendment. It’s just freaking annoying.

7 Likes

1 Like

And then when he inevitably does break the rules, he gets special treatment so there aren’t consequences.

… space probe, or cement mixer :thinking:

1 Like

Penguin Shrug GIF by Pudgy Penguins

3 Likes

submersible?

3 Likes

The Titan submersible.

3 Likes

… ah yes, now I remember — as I recall, it was waterproof enough to serve briefly as a boat

3 Likes

I suspect the judge in this case won’t; this judge is also moving fast and both she and the prosecutor are shooting down all the usual crap his lawyers toadies are doing to try and delay things.

7 Likes

Submersible,

Say what you will, but the Titan definitely proved itself as a submersible. Few things built by human beings have ever been more submerged.

2 Likes