Truth Social, Trump's social network, suffers "93% drop in signups" since launch

It was never about building a social network. It was about finding a way to transfer a couple hundred million to Trump’s pockets through the egregious use of a pre-launch SPAC. The SEC is aware, but rich white shenanigans so no consequences are likely any time soon.

That they were able to fleece some of their usual rubes along the way is just icing on the cake.

Their business prospectus was a joke, they disclosed basically nothing about their operations, and yet they got about $200M for their startup. Very fishy but also par for the course.

22 Likes

Where are you, I’ll help.

7 Likes

Well, apparently (ahem) “the Truth hurts.”

8 Likes

This ridiculous social network doesn’t even have a web interface. Did they really think everyone is going to install an app just to take a look?

7 Likes

Where is my 93% tinier violin?

9 Likes

Oh, I are sad’s.

7 Likes

Looks like it left off ‘adulterer’. Or does that fall under ‘oathbreaker’?

5 Likes

I’d have thought that iPhone owners would be the least likely to sign up to this objectionable pos.
But then, I’m English, what the fuck do I know, we’ve got a free at source health service that’s clearly run by Commie pinko scum!
“ Installs on the Apple app store this month have fallen to about 60,000 per week,”
That’s around 55,000 more than I would have expected. :person_shrugging:

7 Likes

It reinforces my belief that even conservatives don’t like conservatives! (Corollary: most of them don’t really seem to have friends so much as cronies.)

9 Likes

7 eleven coke GIF

7 Likes

ThirstySixOuncer!

4 Likes

wow-- glad i didn’t vote for him.

2 Likes

So sort of the premise of The Producers, intentionally making money off a dud.

7 Likes

Which product is this now that the conservative Trump ball shiners have launched? Third? Fourth? And it’s indeed deeply satisfying to see my prediction that Devin Dunce had made a huge error hitching his wagon to this derailing train. Everything and everyone Donnie touches ends up buried in shit and worse off.

9 Likes

Yeah… Seems like on some level they realize that abuse is only fun when it’s happening to an outgroup.

7 Likes

I’m sure that the Republican’ts are working to repeal the 13th Amendment, so they can own all the Libs they want.

5 Likes

He is the reverse Midas, isn’t he?
Sadim - everything he touches turns to shit.

8 Likes

I did, but as a sentient roll of toilet paper with trump branding. It was fun for about 4 hours making up hashtags like #whensthenextinsurrection and #brownsnowflakes, but it’s mostly populated by crypto grifters and true believers. Pretty boring, actually. There is so much wishful thinking that there will be a groundswell of people flocking to it from twitter et al that literally anyone you follow will follow you back. It was fun driving trollies Gaetz, though.

19 Likes

I count seven “instead of” sites, but there are probably a few more.

5 Likes

93% drop though?

I wonder where they both went?

7 Likes