Try to listen to these soccer supporters chanting without hearing what the captions tell you to hear

Originally published at: Try to listen to these soccer supporters chanting without hearing what the captions tell you to hear | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Hold me closer Tony Danza?

Excuse me while I kiss this guy?

Feeling, like a ham and mustard shake?

6 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hQV77BP-30

1 Like

I guess I’m in the “lactates in pharmacy” camp. I wonder if it’s related to what text you happen to see first?

2 Likes

All I hear is, “We pancaked Keith!”

Déjà vu, in a way. Here’s the original:

2 Likes

I thought so at first but was able, with a little time, to “hear” each of the phrases quite clearly but only one at a time. It was eerie how I could sense the switch happen.

4 Likes

Yes! I watched it again and took turns looking at each text block and had the same sensation. One of them threw me off because of the British pronunciation, but that one came through, too. Pretty cool.

4 Likes

I find it’s much funnier to pretend these phrases are all the lyrics to a lovely little song they all know and love:

Bart Simpson bouncing
Lobsters in motion,
Lactates in Pharmacy,
That is embarrassing

That isn’t my receipt,
I’m chasing Martian –
Rotating pirate ship,
That isn’t mercy.

3 Likes

I still can only hear a white dress…

2 Likes

Seriously, though, what are they actually saying

“That is embarrassing”

The chanting crowd is saying the words “that is embarrassing.” The phrase is a football chant from Derby County F.C. in Derbyshire, England.

Via Snopes.com, via the other BoingBoing link above

3 Likes

I had “Rocks stand in Marsden.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.