Tube: minimalist YouTube search

Fixed. :slight_smile: Sorry about that.

If you don’t see the fix, try a cache refresh.

2 Likes

Hi @madeline, that must have been it; getting results now. Android+Chrome:

1 Like

Works for me now

1 Like

I refreshed my cache but same listings for all searches. tried a browser restart, too.
Since the others are getting results, it’s probably due to my old OS and browser versions—my chip won’t support anything new.
Anyway, if I could use it, I’d ask to make the cursor focused in the search automatically instead of having to hit tab every time.

Working fine on Firefox and Windows 7 and it is great.

1 Like

Works on macOS, Chrome 65.

1 Like

Working with Brave on Android. Thanks!

1 Like

@madeline Any chance of a link to see further pages of results?

2 Likes

Works. Much less crud. Thanks, Madeleine.

Although I miss sorting options, especially the sort by length option that Youtube doesn’t want to implement for some reason.

2 Likes

I just wish you could see the length in the link or thumbnail instead of loading it. but they get paid by the click, so we don’t get that.

I see the length in the thumbnail in normal Youtube search (Chrome + Windows). Or did you mean Tube?

i meant for links or embeds, I guess. sorry.

Works. And does all I need it to do.
I want more software that is like this.

(Sammy Galaxy A tablet, Brave.)

3 Likes

Works for me, but

• returns only ten hits. If what I think is a well worded query does not return what I want in that first ten, it appears I am stuck.
  • the player screen I get when selecting a video does not have a hook for my Firefox video downloader add-on. I realize that Madeline intended this to be minimalist, so that’s a featurenotabug. But it is a reason why I won’t be using this very much.

It’s working for me on a Mac using Chrome, however it’s only returning nine results. And if I do another search of the same term, it’s the same nine results. Is that normal?

I just tied another search for the word “movies” and this time I got ten results. But no more, and always the same if I search the same term.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.