Tucker Carlson falsely claims CNN Covid tracker taken down once Biden in office

Mm. Can you imagine what Trump would have done if he’d had a Fairness Doctrine with which to beat CNN et al.?

5 Likes

Funny thing though, apart from Tucker’s claim being untrue - even if it was, so what?
Right now we have an administration that is doing its well-informed best to eradicate the virus, instead of waiting for something good to happen and then take credit for it, like the last administration.
The ticker is quite actually no longer as important as it was. We can switch off the constant alarm bells. The crisis is being handled. It still won’t be pretty, but at least we, collectively, are trying.

4 Likes

I guess in an infinite universe where anything is possible there has to be a Tucker Carlson and a mass of beings which unfailingly believe him. Alternative truth, unlike quantum particles, does not arise spontaneously, it has to be created.

1 Like

I am pretty sure Tucker Carlson’s method for covering the news is going to online forums and such for racists, anti-vaxxers, QAnon, etc., etc., and just jotting down what they are saying and repeating it back to the same people.

I heard this prediction in everyday life a month or two ago. It seemed to be paired most often with “BLM will disappear once Biden is elected”, implying both Covid and BLM were engineered simply to harm Republican image during an election year. If Tucker hasn’t done the latter of the two yet, he will soon enough I bet.

6 Likes

It’s snowing in Joshua Tree, right now.

5 Likes

It’s interesting to see CNN label a lie as a lie. When it came to reporting on the previous president, the news media always seemed to stop just short of that, using phrases like “repeated an unsubstantiated claim,” “reiterated a falsehood,” or “again tweeted a statistic that had been debunked.”

4 Likes

That’s Gram Parsons crashing his stash; Ecto-Nose-Candy for all. Beware brain freeze if you indulge.

3 Likes

FCC has greater control of over the air broadcasts, since they use FCC licensed frequency bands. Control over cable cable broadcasts is much more tenuous. Private source, private transmission, private reception.

If you’re looking for accountability in cable and online news, it’s going to take something like the original introduction of minimum wage. At the time, wages were considered private contracts that the government couldn’t interfere with. So a voluntary system was set up that let companies display a certification they paid a minimum wage.

3 Likes

I know where they buried him. No. really…

2 Likes

I watched a Caitlin Dougherty video about the “cremation”; which is the extent of my knowledge :wink:

3 Likes

Well, at least he got a “warm welcome” in Rock-n-Roll land.

2 Likes

Somewhere between “seared” and “flambéed” I seem to remember. :scream: :sob:

2 Likes

There’s a song in there somewhere, tuning up my Banjo…

2 Likes

At this point all the right has are lies used to smear their opponents. That’s it, they have nothing else, no ideas, no platforms, no plans, just lies to make the left look bad in hopes it will make the right look good. I suppose it’s been that way for a long time but it’s just getting really obvious and old these days.

5 Likes

Literally, we are not expected to receive “actual facts” form tuck.

see: McDougal v. Fox News Network, LLC

Fox’s lawyers: The "‘general tenor’ of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not ‘stating actual facts’ about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in ‘exaggeration’ and ‘non-literal commentary.’ "

3 Likes

They should be sued for billions of dollars for fraud. They named themselves “Fox News”. They run ads claiming they deliver news. That is a deliberate attempt to mislead the public into thinking they would deliver factual information to the viewers.

5 Likes

If that works out, let me know. I have a thirty year axe to grind with Music Television.

6 Likes

Fox Infotainment?

It only counts as information in the most technical sense though, and I don’t find it entertaining.

2 Likes

When the “Daily Show”, which broadcasts from a channel named “Comedy”, and describes itself as fake news and satire, is vastly more factual then a station that claims to be actual news, there is a problem.

6 Likes

As a favourite old saying has it; “you can always tell when he’s lying - his lips are moving”
Can be applied to dTrumph and pretty much every right-wing fuckwit pushing infowars and QAnon conspiracy bullshit.

2 Likes