Tucker Carlson falsely claims CNN Covid tracker taken down once Biden in office

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/24/tucker-carlson-falsely-claims-cnn-covid-tracker-taken-down-once-biden-in-office.html

7 Likes

obligs: christ, what an asshole!

when, Tuck? when will will you STFU?! aahh! but that’s just it, right? no one expects the truth from Tucker Swanson MacNear.

18 Likes

Why is this guy even still a thing? Are there THAT many ignorant fox news watchers?

Bah, I already know the answer.

19 Likes

They are happy that you are annoyed by TC’s constant presence. That is ‘owning the libs’! And it works: Carlson get s a lot of free publicity on liberal websites.

7 Likes

Tucker Swanson MacNear wins both ways.

If the ticker is up during trump, it’s to disparage the president.
If the ticker is up during Biden, it’s to publicize the fake virus, the better to “control” the population.

8 Likes

“We look forward to his correction tonight.”

That was a couple days ago, so I’m guessing that didn’t happen? Color me shocked.

8 Likes

Tucker is a shit stain on humanity. So say I.

27 Likes

Tucker Swanson Burnt Hockey Puck Brownie MacNear, to you, sir!

10 Likes

Hey, Papasan, I’ve not seen you in ages. I’m thinking it is good to see you back right now.

15 Likes

Tucker probably turned on CNN, waited for a commercial and then declared “They took down the counter!”

I think they should also put up the name of a comparably sized city. Right now we’re just past Tulsa.

5 Likes

Swanson has gone all in on trying to be the corporate media voice of American fascism. Unless there’s an O’Reilly-style scandal the lies are going to keep coming.

9 Likes

It interesting to see lies presented as facts by the right and other related groups like anti-vaxxers. They tell easily discredited lies, but their gnome followers ignore this to simply repeat them over and over again.
A good example appeared on my Facebook feed. A wellness/anti-vaxx mommy warrior said that the Hollywood sign had collapsed (don’t ask how this was related to a crystal gazing Paltrow follower - I couldn’t figure it out). Now, despite people going outside and taking pictures of the intact sign, a significant number of her followers simply ignored the evidence and spread the lie.

7 Likes

Sadly this is the same spirit of propaganda that recently caused the US to almost lose a fairly run election. People wonder why the “Stop the Steal” mob was so grossly misinformed. It was because of these kinds of deliberate malicious lies.

The FCC used to have a requirement for Fairness Doctrine until the mid 80s. Bringing that back to also apply to what many people consider News Shows. would be a great step to restore an informed US populace.

16 Likes

Maybe it would be easier to report when Tucker Carlson tells the truth.

15 Likes

There would be no reports at all.

12 Likes

12 Likes

It’s even worse. Carlson can tell a lie that any listener could disprove by simply picking up the remote and changing the channel, and yet millions will believe him.

11 Likes

My take-away us that Tucker Lie Lie Lie Carlson evidently watches CNN obsessively to get his news, rather than his own “news” station.

4 Likes

He’s paid to attract eyeballs so Fox can sell ads. He’s good at his job. That’s by far the nicest thing I can say about him.

4 Likes

Tucker and the truth are not even nodding acquaintances. Fox is “all lies 24 hours a day.”

3 Likes