Turkey blocks Wikipedia

My total amateur’s guess is that it was a race between Erdogan and the military as to which gets to the point of purging the other first. Then a faction of the army panicked and made a quick coup attempt without preparing properly, thinking that they had to go now or be purged, and trusting the rest of the military and/or the Turkish people to back them up, only to fail and provide Erdogan with the perfect excuse to go whole-hog on the dictatorship thing.

There are reasons given, but it’s odd that one of the organizers, a Semih Terzi, doesn’t even have a wikipedia link. Erdogan keeps blaming Gulen, with an unwavering fervor combined with a continual lack of evidence. Erdogan rounds up thousands of people, purges thousands more, most for their political views, not participation in any coup. It’s sadly ironic just how much Erdogan has benefited from this coup.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I tried to link the (assumed) OP. There will be a good gif in 4:3 for you out there, somewhere… If it isn’t blocked.

Powerful people gonna power?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.