Turkey splits up fight between roosters

At least they have the decency to wear pants.

7 Likes

Put a hat on him and you’d never know he was a chicken.

7 Likes

Daww, they are sweethearts…

He states the Buff is a docile bird, which I can confirm in my barnyard observations. And this lovely quote, gives me something to think about as I close this post; again regarding the Buff Cochin, **_“They are very quiet and docile, and as sitters and mothers can not be excelled by any thing that wears chicken feathers.”_** I value quite highly chicken breeds that can successfully reproduce on their own.
The book talks about caponizing the cocks, which would make them much larger -- kids probably rode these things back then... Chicken Breeds Light Brahma crossed with Cochin 1884 farming manual
6 Likes

Yeah, they’re supposed to make a really nice backyard pet chicken. Docile, easy-going and they don’t over-produce eggs. Easy to keep too as they’re not so likely to jump the fence.

4 Likes

I do hope you’re not suggesting bribery?

1 Like

…and the piglet Wilders smiles in the background…

3 Likes

Yes, and shakes his feathers.

3 Likes

*shudder*

7 Likes

Perfect!

1 Like

We had one like him when I lived on a farm as a 13yo. He was one mean bird too with the muscle to back it up. We were all terrified of him. I had a horse whip I’d carry around the farm to get him away from me. Tore up my jeans on more than one occasion. One day he attacked the neighbor’s kid, the farmer next door threw a rock at it. Hit Booster Rooster square between the eyes and that was the end of the campaign of rooster terror.

2 Likes

“According to the Livestock Conservancy, Brahma chickens can weigh up to 18 pounds. If we convert the weight of one McNugget—16 grams—into pounds, we’re left with 0.035274 pounds. So, by simply dividing 18 by 0.035274, we arrive at 510 Chicken McNuggets and some change in this Thicc Chicken.” Gizmodo

Mmmm mmmm Mmmm!

1 Like

Based on my experience with our rooster that works out to 56000 BTU of chicken rage per nugget. Spicy.

3 Likes

more impressed that the turkey has apparently received actual police training. unless birds know how to discriminate out of the gate? :slight_smile:

ah, the fabled “long chicken”. :slight_smile: I hear they are good milk producers.

3 Likes

Just saying the name, Buff Orfington is fun. I dare you to say it and not smile.

3 Likes

Oh. My. God. I just snorted milk out of my nose. That is easily one of the most horrifying concepts ever… And may be the name of my next album.

5 Likes

Eierlegende Wollmilchsau (uh, egg-laying wool milk sow or so? )

4 Likes

bacon, eggs, and cheese all in one place, SOLD!!!

besides who can say no to a face like that!

5 Likes

Yeah, but the cashier will still only give you one sauce packet.

1 Like

Happy easter, I guess?

1 Like