Turkey terrorizing trailer park. Residents arming themselves golf clubs (video)

Originally published at: Turkey terrorizing trailer park. Residents arming themselves golf clubs (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Umm, has nobody considered that wild turkey is delicious?

(Off to RTFA - hope I haven’t stepped in it)

ETA: The damn thing showed up “around Thanksgiving”! If that wasn’t an invitation to dinner, I don’t know what is.

ETA2: “…we can’t have a barbeque [sic]” says one of the residents. Oh, hell yes you can. BBQ turkey is awesome.

3 Likes

so glad they found the “WoN’t SOmEonE tHinK AboUT tHe ChiLDreN?” angle.

i mean… it’s a turkey. they aren’t super smart. there’s gotta be a way to scare it off. it can’t be hanging out there because it likes being mean, it must want something. are they feeding it, or something?

5 Likes

The article says that some folks have declined the DNR recommendation to remove bird feeders. So, yeah, they’re feeding it. Should be the other way 'round.

6 Likes

They just need to chase the bird back with that broom a few times and it’ll figure out it’s not wanted. It’s only when they have babies that you really have to worry since that’s when they start to be really protective and territorial. It may be a therapod but that don’t mean it’s a t-rex.

3 Likes

I love that the turkey lurks in the background in every shot by the news videographer and appears to be extremely well-behaved and docile.

That is one intelligent bird.

5 Likes

Is it in league with Massachusetts’ dreaded - I’m almost afraid to say the name - Kevin…?

2 Likes

Maybe spray it with some Wild Turkey.

1 Like

Where are the firearms?!

This is clearly the sort of egregious situation the Founding Fathers had in mind when they draughted the Second Amendment!!!

3 Likes

Turns out the feral hogs won and confiscated the firearms. Now the turkey is there to clean up the leftovers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.