Turning lymph nodes into livers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/04/turning-lymph-nodes-into-livers.html

17 Likes

David Cronenberg’s mind is leaking out into the real world again.

12 Likes

FUCK YEAH, SCIENCE AND MEDICINE!!!

(Yes, this is a complete sentence. Rock on.)

16 Likes

This is absolutely amazing. If this ends up being a viable way to save people whose livers are failing, they deserve the Nobel Prize for medicine.

17 Likes

Anything in the works for making lymph nodes from… anything, really?
I know some people who really could use some.

9 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.)

My first thought was, “That doesn’t sound appetizing.”; but then I realized this is a medical, rather than culinary, breakthrough.

11 Likes

The scientific article is stellar, lots of data and methods confirming the conclusion. An additional benefit for the method that the patient does not need immunosuppressant since it’s own liver cells are used.

8 Likes

I’ll take two! (wonders if a liver growing in my underarm will affect my love life)

3 Likes

This was my biggest question. Having a liver growing in your armpit or neck or groin sounds … inconvenient.

2 Likes

Considering that’s how some replacement surgery works today, that’d be far better than no liver, I’d think.

7 Likes

where do i sign on for human trials?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.