Turon who thought it was a good idea to try and pet a grizzly bear gets swiped — not once but twice (video)

Originally published at: Turon who thought it was a good idea to try and pet a grizzly bear gets swiped — not once but twice (video) | Boing Boing

1 Like

What do you call a Frenchman who was attacked by a bear?

Claude.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’ve posted this here before. This was from a road trip we took back in 2010. This is on the highway between Grand Teton and Yellowstone.

Yes, that is a grizzly. Yes, those are idiots that got out to get a closer look. Yes, the idiot on the Harley gunned the engine when he started it back up, which caused the bear to look up at him very sharply. Fortunately, he went back to foraging.

We stayed in the car, windows up.

Better view of bear as we drove slowly past.

5 Likes

I hadn’t heard the term “touron” as a portmanteau of “tourist” and “moron” before, but in this case it makes sense. Getting a photo of the bear through a closed window or by rolling the window down slightly (an inch or three, to get your camera lens a better view if your window is dirty) makes sense. Leaving your window fully down as a wild animal approaches is courting trouble.

1 Like

Thread:

1 Like

The Kid Mero Showtime GIF by Desus & Mero

5 Likes

Did you know you can attract a bear with just a small piece of French cheese?

Camembert.

6 Likes

… grizzly bears occupy that unfortunate intersection on the Venn diagram between “animals that are smart enough to disassemble our car” and “animals that are inclined to eat us”

2 Likes

spirits

1 Like

What sort of curve describes the shape of a bear’s back?

Ur-sine.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.