Tweezerman hangnail clipper gets to the root

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/18/tweezerman-hangnail-clipper-ge.html

2 Likes

Tweezerman is SOOOOO overpriced -especially for India or Pakistan made. If you want to go with overpriced, do it right and get some performance for your money.

http://www.jensentools.com/excelta-5-co-style-5-cobaltima-tweezers/p/417-270

yikes! $140 tweezers?

2 Likes

Mark is just trolling now.

Give it up, man. Enough with the shilling.

Obligatory… The Hangnail

3 Likes

Interesting story on the guy who got rich inventing the original “Tweezerman” tweezers and how he decided to spend his retirement:

1 Like

Damn, I hope I never get a “power hangnail”, sounds painful!

I thought the Geneva Convention outlawed these?

2 Likes

Puts up post about clippers, shows picture of tweezers…

Tweezerman? Tweezerman. Does whatever a tweezer can.

2 Likes

Thanks for invoking the ‘Spiderpig’ earworm, man!

1 Like

It’s called sharing.

1 Like

Meh. I’ll stick with my teeth, thankyouverymuch

2 Likes

The 'Frank Reynolds Toe Knife 'is much cheaper and more versatile

2 Likes

Also, the Frank Reynolds Toe Knife is not just a one use gadget. I believe it works great, as well, for cutting cheese.

2 Likes

Most everybody will be familiar with cuticle nippers, which come from the nail care section of the beauty section of the drugstore. I don’t mean those cheap things that come in travellers’ emergency kits from a vending machine at the airport. The things I mean come in blister packs that typically say “Revlon”. The business end is angled very much like the tweezerman. I’ve purchased hundreds of these things over my lifetime, at typically $15 - $20 a pop because they become nonfunctional if they aren’t like-new sharp. And they lose that like-new sharpness pretty quick. And I’ve never found a way to sharpen them!

Can the Tweezerman be sharpened?

Yes, they do it for free if you ship your implements to them.

1 Like

The Tweezerman, or the standard cuticle nipper? Or both?

Tweezerman implements.

Thank you so very much, Magdalene. Blowing most of a twenty on a new, sharp pair of nippers has been a rock in my shoe all my adult life, and I’m no spring chicken. Fuller rises and tips hat.

1 Like