Twin strangers from Ireland and Sweden meet

#FTFY

1 Like

Probably not too likelyā€¦ There was at least a twenty year difference between his parents and mine (and I think that they moved into the area when he was around 4 or 5).

Occamā€™s razor, right?

This is more of an experiment about how similar fair-skinned, blond haired and light eyes can look similar even when unrelated.

My oldest son had blond hair when he was born. So did his cousin (female). Get a couple of blond kids in the same room and suddenly ā€œAre they twins?ā€ They didnā€™t even have the same eye color.

As Doctor Who said: ā€œI love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that arenā€™t there.ā€

While not as pretty, having dark hair and eyes does lend some variety and uniqueness.

speak for yourself.

[quote]having dark hair and eyes does lend some variety and uniqueness.
[/quote]
How so? Most of the worldā€™s population has dark (or black) hair and eyes, everything else is ā€˜varietyā€™.

2 Likes

Okay, this honestly isnā€™t a joke. Iā€™ve put on a few middle age pounds, but when I was younger, had bleached hair, and slim I lookedā€¦ stop laughing, peopleā€¦ Almost exactly like Eminem.

I wish I could find those pics. My photo was in a full page spread for SANS.

1 Like

I kept getting compared to K.D. Lang for secret twin when I was in my mid 20ā€™sā€¦ which I guess is kinda cool.

1 Like

I started a new thread for these celebrity doppelganger thingies:

4 Likes

As you can see from my profile drawing - does it look like Iā€™m blonde?

I was speaking in terms of the ā€œnordicā€ master race vision of beauty which, as I mentioned in my post is not as unique as us dark haired and dark skinned folks. Blonds (and fake blondes) are a ā€œdime-a-dozenā€. Much prefer a ginger myself (I was born with red hair - changing hair colors runs in the family).

You take that back right this instant, young man!

3 Likes

Young? Thanks!

Itā€™s been a LOOONG time someone has called me young. Must be my yellow tint as you can see in my profile drawing.

PS - Please see the post directly above your (I know, READING) about the whole ā€œprettyā€ thing.

See also Heinleinā€™s ā€œAll You Zombiesā€.

2 Likes

Yup. David Gerrold has often cited Heinlein as an influence on his writing and you can definitely see it, but at the same time he has his own distinctive voice.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.