Twitter bans posts that 'dehumanize' people for diseases like coronavirus

Most people don’t choose their religion, they inherit it. But one should judge them for it nonetheless. :grinning:

2 Likes

And some kind of flagging system… :thinking:

“We couldn’t have predicted that this would happen in terms of the coronavirus,”

Road apples. There are people who will do literally ANYTHING. There are people who post death threats and slander over literally anything you can think of. There’s an Australian soccer player who got all kinds of @#$!@ on Twitter calling her a slut and a whore and worse, because of a picture taken during a kick. When the actress Ruby Rose was chosen to play the lead in a stupid movie, she got tons of horrible guff and even threats that she would be raped or murdered if she didn’t withdraw from making the movie, because she “wasn’t a real lesbian”. There are thousands of examples of people who closed their social media accounts because they got tired of being bombarded with %@@!% over asinine nonsense. The world is full of idiots who delight in spewing hate over anything and everything, and of course hateful idiots are going to use the coronavirus as an excuse to vomit their diseased thoughts all over everyone else. If the people who run Twitter really could not have thought of that in advance, then they are so out of touch with how people actually behave that they really aren’t competent to work for a company that is supposed to put people in contact.

It is, in other words, a part of their culture. As a confirmed atheist, I wince at the idea that I should be prejudiced against anyone simply because they adhere to a culture, certainly they may have the choice to reject their culture, I am not convinced that it is up to me or anyone to tell them they should.

You’re right, of course. Nobody should be judged for their culture, including their religion. Nobody should be judged for anything really.

People should be called out for what they say and held to account for what they do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.