Twitter bans white nationalist Nick Fuentes just as congressional Republicans warm to him

Originally published at: Twitter bans white nationalist Nick Fuentes just as congressional Republicans warm to him | Boing Boing

11 Likes

35 Likes

He’s a Holocaust Denier. Anyone or anything associated with him is garbage. A politician who warms up to him is telling the public they are neo nazi trash and deserve any public embarrassment it entails.

33 Likes

He’s supposed to be 22. These people do not age well.

12 Likes

ihatetheseguys

30 Likes

tumblr_cb4ba0f8501e92d3b9d50b2aadcb18f3_0fca91d2_500

35 Likes

I understand the dynamics of midcentury politics and immigration patterns that made aspirational whiteness an agenda for so many members of Hispanic-American communities during the 20th century, but I’ll never really get the percentage of my people who are so fully colonialized as to go all-in on white supremacy.

29 Likes

Poor Paul Gosar. He was counting on this Nazi to help support him on social media.

I’m sure eMpTy Greene also sees some thwarted potential here.

11 Likes

My thoughts as well. I see no reason for him to feel secure as his comrades could easily turn on him, especially if he’s seen as merely a means to an end.

3 Likes

Given that there was nothing in the rulebook he hadn’t broken before, it wasn’t clear what finally forced Twitter’s hand and the company declined to tell reporters what it was.

It was probably this article from the Southern Poverty Law Center about Twitter’s embrace of Nazis.

19 Likes

That’s the article that’s being blamed by various Nazis. Well done, SPLC.

21 Likes

Now if only Twitter would feel enough pressure to ban a few thousand more Nazis…

14 Likes

Agreed but Fuentes is Spaniard not Hispanic

3 Likes

Probably a coincidence but Knowledge Fight the Alex Jones podcast went pretty hard on Nicks content on Alex Jones’ YouTube clone.

5 Likes

The reporting I’ve been able to dig up says otherwise, but you might have seen something more authoritative. Here’s what I was able to find:

3 Likes

I see it’s that time again:

It’s 3 years old, but still…

21 Likes

Exposure to sunlight and Bible verses will do that.

6 Likes

What’s the story with Gosar? That’s a Slovenian name. In Nazi ideology he’s total Untermensch.
IIRC there were Slovenian collaborators with the German and Italian occupation during the Late European Unpleasantness, but not many of them survived the settling of accounts in later 1945.

6 Likes

The continental Spanish are all hidalgos and high-class people, whereas their colonial descendants who lived in Central / South America for a few generations thereby became mud people.
The rules of US race classification are even harder to follow than those of Apartheid-era South Africa.

6 Likes

Odilo Lothar Ludwig Globocnik was born on 21 April 1904 in the Imperial Free City of Trieste, then the capital of the Austrian Littoral administrative region of the Austro-Hungarian Empire (now in Italy). He was the second child of Franz Globocnik, a Slovene cavalry lieutenant in the Austro-Hungarian Army.[ citation needed ] Because Globocnik was a leading Nazi official, and perpetrator of not only the Holocaust but the ethnic cleansing of millions of Poles and other Slavs, historians have been interested in accounts of Globocnik’s Slavic ancestry (his surname is Slovenian). In his 2004 biography of Globocnik, historian Joseph Kranjc devoted the entire first chapter to the debate concerning his ancestry. He says that Globocnik was ridiculed by other Nazis for his surname, because the Nazis classified Slavs as sub-human ( Untermenschen ).[8] Senior Nazis such as Heinrich Himmler defended him, saying that he was of Aryan origin and that his surname had been derived from Slavicization.[8]