Twitter re-labels NPR as 'state-affiliated media'

Originally published at: Twitter re-labels NPR as 'state-affiliated media' | Boing Boing

1 Like

If NPR was state controlled, The Trump administration reallly failed to exert their power over it while they were in office :confused:

27 Likes

If this is the bar for being designated “state-affiliated,”

The company’s decision on labeling an account as state-affiliated media hinged on whether “the state exercises control over editorial content through financial resources, [emphasis mine] direct or indirect political pressures, and/or control over production and distribution.”

I eagerly await seeing that same label applied to SpaceX and Tesla.

28 Likes

Isn’t that something like every company in existence? Laws exist.

9 Likes

The BBC is still not listed as “State-affiliated media” even though it is blatantly influenced by the current UK government in many ways.

14 Likes

Ooh, what an Libertarian edgelord!

17 Likes

The Right Wing have never thought of themselves as “The State” even when they are in power. “The State” are the Democrats and bureaucrats and college presidents and teachers and drag performers that are holding them back.

I mean that totally seriously. They had to invent the term “Deep State” while Trump was in office or the cognitive dissonance would confuse some of his followers, but it was always just “the State.”

13 Likes

Nor, apparently, “Stars and Stripes,” an actual US government-run media outlet…

Yep. Also “deep state” is just… the rule of law. Trump can’t do what he wants (because it’s illegal)? The “Deep State” is preventing him!

7 Likes

The obvious question none of them seem interested in asking themselves is “if the Republicans are powerless even when they occupy the highest offices of the land then what’s the point in putting them there anyway?”

3 Likes

Did NPR just run a story about Mush or something?

1 Like

EdgeTwat.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.