Twitter running shady undisclosed ads that look an awful lot like those new unheadlined link previews

Originally published at: Twitter running shady undisclosed ads that look an awful lot like those new unheadlined link previews | Boing Boing

1 Like

As Musk rejects as many other people’s ideas as possible; twitter trends towards the state of Taboola rasa.

8 Likes

I’ve seen it mentioned that not labeling advertising as advertising is actually illegal.

It would probably lead to fines of, potentially, hundreds of dollars. :confused:

17 Likes

cat GIF by Faith Holland

4 Likes

On Android, tap your icon in the upper left corner, and scroll down to Settings and Support, then Settings and Privacy, then Your Account, and then Deactivate your Account.

15 Likes

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

7 Likes

Leave it to Musk to make a tone-deaf move and petty act of revenge on the media even more toxic than we thought it was.

6 Likes

Thanks. I just cleaned the litter box and now I feel like I need to wash my hands again.

5 Likes

Not so much circling the drain as doing laps around it in a powerboat.

6 Likes

“Look, my X CyberBoat™️ can circle the drain far closer and faster than anyone else! What? No no, I dropped that outboard motor in there on purpose, it wasn’t crucial to the boat’s operations. Same with the rudder I threw out last week! And all our old passengers from when this was a ferry service are coming back now, look!” *Musk, nose dusted with white powder, gestures wildly at row of seats about 60% empty, rest are filled by mannequins, garden gnomes, literal piles of trash, and a couple of neo-nazis*

7 Likes

Just logged back in to check. I’m still seeing AD signs:

And this one is even from a major brand. I wonder how much longer that’s going to last.

4 Likes

… I heard it can serve briefly as a pickup truck

6 Likes

True! It’s also glass bottomed, with bulletproof glass - just don’t throw any large steel balls at it.

3 Likes

FTC are going to want to talk to him. He’s going to need to escape to Mars as soon as possible.

1 Like

They are a bit like the ads I see on BoingBoing telling me I can cure my vision using teabags.

3 Likes

h7ayv-2443861641

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.