Twitter temporarily suspends Marjorie Taylor Greene's account over Covid misinfo

Originally published at: Twitter temporarily suspends Marjorie Taylor Greene's account over Covid misinfo | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Just remember, people, she was suspended not because she put people at risk, or because she is a lying liar who spreads lies, but because her lies were threatening Twitter’s business model.

Which is why the opinions of people like me do not matter to Twitter, because I am not even a deadbeat (to use credit card issuer slang).

22 Likes

When the privilege-blind libertarianism of Dorsey’s freeze speech absolutism meets the selfishness and greed of his privilege-aware Libertarianism, it’s not difficult to predict which one will win out.

12 Likes

15 Likes

A 12-hour suspension? How bout 12 years? How bout forever?

Yeah, forever works for me. Why not for you Twitter?

24 Likes

Odds are, she forces another 12-hour suspension whenever she gets lonely and wants to be back in the news cycle again.

20 Likes

19 Likes

Not fair. The Monster was empathetic, curious and valued education and intellectual discourse.

On the other hand, the GOP is a stitched-together, shambling vision of death culled from the infected corpses of American Protestantism, fiscal conservatism and small-government capitalism and animated with racial hatred and utter disdain for the messy business of democracy.

tenor

20 Likes

If only…

tumblr_m0fjhvO8Qu1rprz3po1_500

9 Likes

That would sure work for me.

Posting lies re: the plague and vaccines - hell, anything threatening public health should be viewed as terrorism. That shit is getting people killed.

All too often, twitter sides w/the bullies, liars, and nazis. I’m amazed she was suspended at all.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.