Two amazing dogs team up after their 71-year-old owner collapsed on a hike

Originally published at: Two amazing dogs team up after their 71-year-old owner collapsed on a hike | Boing Boing

18 Likes

Happy Golden Retriever GIF by Cameo

34 Likes

Glad the man is safe. Glad he had his impressively responsive dogs with him. I’m struggling to see how the dogs “teamed up”.

5 Likes

They worked together… as a team…

a-team 80s GIF

28 Likes

It’s not mentioned, but the dogs did a quick round of Rock Paper Scissors to decide which would “stay!” and which would “fetch!”

33 Likes

Good doggos!

23 Likes

That is amazing. Pretty sure my dog would nose around until he got the treats out of my pocket, then decide that we must be napping and lay down himself.

19 Likes

Good dogs!

34 Likes

Many dogs are better people than some humans.

19 Likes

Kind of figured that the retriever would have gone for help, and the lab would have stayed behind maybe done some bloodwork.

24 Likes

FTFY :grin:

6 Likes

From the layout of pictures I thought this was a typical statement of life. White gets the glory, black does the real work. The light colored dog sets on his ass licking the master and gets the first picture recognition. Meanwhile the black dog runs after help, convinces a stranger to follow him and leads her back to the person needing help. The black dog only shares a picture with the golden despite having done the most difficult part of the job. I see too many metaphors perhaps.

1 Like

Some animals do seem to get the concept of going to humans for help. I’m sure there was no organization involved, though, just two independent decisions that made the best pairing.

1 Like

This is lovely. Glad the guy and the doggos are all okay.

What makes you so sure, if I may ask? I’m aware of several examples of animals coordinating actions…

9 Likes

I really didn’t want to like this, but…

4 Likes

We don’t deserve dogs.

2 Likes

When I was a kid, we had a couple of Airedale Terriers (big, clever. loyal and hilariously funny).

When intruders/visitors came to the house, one would stand at the front door barking while the other would sneak the long way around the garden and stealthily approach the interlopers from behind.

They weren’t trained to do this, it was a trick they worked out on their own.

8 Likes

And now I’m aware of one more example. Thanks!
They sound like good dogs. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hmm. You fixed it by altering my words and attributing them to me?

I try not to use “all” and “never” because there may be unknown exceptions and I cannot predict the future.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.