Two religious organizations are suing to stop Drag Queen Story Time at a public library

In Houston, try Bering Memorial Methodist.

http://www.beringumc.org/

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

And they will scream bloody murder if you do unto them as they have done unto you.

They’re hypocrites. The kind of hypocrites their Jeebus warned them to be not like.

11 Likes

Wow, there’s nothing I love better than someone outside my community arbitrarily deigning to speak on behalf of it.

Anyhoo; intersectionality means not only can people be a part of more than one ‘minority’ at a time, it also means that anyone who fits the description can also be biased towards other persecuted people, and many often are.

That in no ways means that we somehow don’t need to fight against all forms of bigotry, whenever & wherever it rears its’ ugly head.

We need to work harder on our empathy, we need to make the effort to re-educate ourselves, and focus on seeing other people as just as worthwhile as we see ourselves.

This is a lesson that many White folks need even more than everyone else in the US; because historically and currently, they are the ones who have most benefited from the disparity of the status quo of White male supremacy and patriarchy.

13 Likes

https://thinkprogress.org/new-survey-debunks-the-myth-of-black-homophobia-e5066ae38aa8/

14 Likes

Thank you for that article!

10 Likes

Thank you for that! I like it when research shows progress is real. I based my previous comments on older research, of which this is an example, and on personal knowledge that is severely outdated - the gay black man closest to me died years ago.

1 Like

“After all, reading is arguably a far more creative and imaginative process than writing; when the reader creates emotion in their head, or the colors of the sky during the setting sun, or the smell of a warm summer’s breeze on their face, they should reserve as much praise for themselves as they do for the writer - perhaps more.”
― Jasper Fforde, The Well of Lost Plots

1 Like

They should read the entire book of Matthew. They obviously forgot it exists, or they really aren’t very good Christians, not reading the Bible…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.