Two snaps to whoever named this knockoff Wednesday Addams costume

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/04/two-snaps-to-whoever-named-thi.html

8 Likes

It beats the more obvious “Evil Humpday Cutie” for charm. Sometimes letting the Shenzhen office’s “English speaker” choose the names pays off.

19 Likes

All these names sounds like something machine learning has come up with. Finally, we found a real use for it that’s not a human rights disaster.

7 Likes

Looks more like “Vegan Coffee Shop Girl”.

14 Likes

I’m guessing this is machine translation, although I’m trying to figure out how Wednesday would get translated out of English. Maybe Walmart ran the manufacturer’s product information through automated translation.

1 Like

I’m not convinced there isn’t just an employee of the company that knows the weirder the workaround, the more publicity it will garner.

6 Likes

Better than the name Honest Trailers would have given it: “Costume that promotes inappropriate feelings towards minor”.

5 Likes

Copyright circumvention is art in its own right.

19 Likes

The crossover fanfic of Star Wars and Karate Kid that you never knew you needed!?

Though it took me quite a while to realize Door Loader is… a knock off Dark Helmet maybe?

Plus that tiny print at the top “Galaxies are far, far away…” is so spot on.

3 Likes

I don’t know, I just hope Ford Uno and Mandog beast can save Layla from Glutto the Slug.

4 Likes

Pigeon-toed = evil?

Wednesday – Mittwoch – Midweek

4 Likes

Really? An ordinary dress on a pre-teen body with exposed knee caps promotes inappropriate feelings towards minors?

5 Likes

Hey, Amerika is currently living in a New Victorian/Puritan age, so entirely correct by that standard

1 Like

They will, they save her a the Galactic regional sparring conference.

Oh, sorry, spoilers.

2 Likes

Technically Frauenfeldered:

4 Likes

Though “Wodenstag” used to be perfectly cromulent German. I blame the Christians.

1 Like

When the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic books exploded in popularity in the 80s, there was a short-lived fad of making parodies whose titles were mangled in a similar fashion. “Pre-Teen Dirty-Gene Kung Fu Kangaroos” (ran for three issues) and “Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters” come to mind: there may have been others.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.