Gallery of knock-off Halloween costumes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/25/gallery-of-knock-off-halloween.html

4 Likes

Okay the Hermany Grinder isn’t real as I can see the Obvious Plant logo.

Well it’s real in the sense it got made but it was not mass produced.

8 Likes

Blue Speed Mouse a lot less creepy than a recent movie I can think of.

2 Likes

I personally think “Notionless” is a way better title than Clueless.

2 Likes

The Aladdin costume title (“A-Lad-In A Costume”) is my fave

4 Likes

I still miss '80’s Purple Singer. Gonna go listen to his hit album “Lavender Precipitation” now.

6 Likes

This is like those B-movies they would rush-release straight to dvd to confuse people in the video store: new “Pirates of the Caribbean” film comes out, suddenly there’s a film called “Pirates of Blood Lagoon” with similar looking graphics sitting right next to it on the shelf.

5 Likes

Pubescent Frog of Silent War = my new band name

6 Likes

I’m confused why they couldn’t have just used “artist formerly known as Prince,” which I’m guessing is not trademarked(?)

1 Like

But is he sane?

5 Likes

All I know is my Juice Demon costume cost way more than $30. If you’re gonna do something, do it right.

3 Likes
4 Likes

This one’s been making the rounds lately:

11 Likes

Ha, these are hilarious! I love the Minegame one. Of course, I didn’t need to pay licensing fees for the one I made…

5 Likes

For many, dare I say most, Halloween is about being a knock off character for a day. Being officially licensed seems antithetical to the spirt of the holiday.

1 Like

The titles are way, way better than the costumes.
Some of this is simply brilliant, maybe even poetic.

4 Likes

If Apple Cabin ever needed to stock a Halloween store…

3 Likes

And so unnecessary, Aladdin is a name, not a brand, and the The Book of One Thousand and One Nights is as public domain as you can get !
I guess the manufacturer think with Disney you better be safe than sorry.

4 Likes

DF950626

6 Likes

God those textures.

2 Likes