Gallery of knock-off Halloween costumes

Not that bad for 1995.

1 Like

Maybe ? But it’s so unnecessary, really not suiting the line art style and distracting.

With Xmas soon to follow, we should also pay homage to the knock-off toy market.

20190925_191956

5 Likes

I can’t believe that no one posted this classic.

Edit: Eh, that isn’t the one I thought it was. I guess the Halloween costume clip with Dan playing the same character isn’t on YouTube anymore. I loved the Johnny Human Torch (a bag of oily rags and a lighter) and the Invisible Pedestrian (a black sheet) costumes.

3 Likes

I always like this one. I mean, who wouldn’t want to be Pop King Billy Crazy?

3 Likes

I’ll see your Hero Brine :grin: and raise you my son’s creeper costume that my wife made for him.

(Full disclosure: the mask was from the store.)

Hmmm… probably should have trimmed off the wine glass on the Muskoka chair there… Hallowe’en is a good time in our neighbourhood, we usually get a few hundred kids dropped off here from other parts of town just to get a “traditional” Hallowe’en.

2 Likes

I found this one a couple years ago

4 Likes

Not really

4 Likes

Sure, but if the costume’s design is recognizable because it invokes memories of Disney’s specific character design, I think you’ve got a genuine infraction there.

3 Likes

Although then they’re still in trouble, and at best they’ve thwarted lazy googling on the part of Disney’s nazgûl. I mean lawyers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.