U.S.A running out of pandas

Ties between the U.S. and China will not have hit a historic low until the vast American corporation I work for stops profiting from its Chinese operations to the tune of nearly $1 billion every year.
I’m sure you can find plenty of other examples.

5 Likes

Meet the southern cousin.

3 Likes

TO AVOID DERAILING THE PANDA PARTY:

1 Like

How about the adorable American alligator?

Look at that chubby tummy, full of fluffy animals.

6 Likes

In 2018 we drove down to DC for the March For Our Lives rally/protest.

While we were there we did the museums, capitol building(didn’t hit anyone with a flag pole and we went in through the door), monuments, and the highlight, we went to the national zoo to see the pandas.

Best day ever.

We’re really considering a late RV trip to see them before they go, it’s a 10 hour drive for us but we really have no where to be this fall.

4 Likes

We could threaten to recall all of the Disney “Duffy” bears, which are inexplicably extremely popular there.

2 Likes
5 Likes

9 Likes

Trash pandas. Yeah, that’s the ticket. :laughing:

2 Likes

Stellantis to the rescue:

2004_Fiat_Panda_Dynamic_1.2

(Fiat Panda is a small popular city car, available also as AWD)

5 Likes

By that I mean, this is pretty much a chinese problem. Habitat loss and pandas not getting it on is something Beijing could solve on it’s own. Give them enough space for food and time alone, their numbers will go back up.

If Beijing wants to kill them off by taking the remaining numbers, spreading their numbers thin by parading them around at major zoos worldwide… that’s their prerogative. They will be the only ones to blame if they go extinct at the end of the day. Sad but true.

4 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

My zoo spent a fortune back in the 80’s to build a panda enclosure because China lent us two for a few months.

The money could have been better used for things like housing and social programs but the bears are cute and they sell merch and diverts attention away from human rights abuses.

Total BS a country puts more $$ & effort to ship these things around than they do protecting natural habitat.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Originals

3 Likes
1 Like

Part of the problem is pandas don’t seem to be that into making pandas.

3 Likes

TIL that Teddy Roosevelt’s sons Kermit and Theodore Jr. are thought to be the first Westerners to ever shoot a giant panda during an expedition in the 1920s. Pity that the sons of a man who was legendary as both a trophy hunter and a conservationist chose to follow his footsteps on the former instead of the latter.

4 Likes

They can always switch to badgers.

2 Likes