U.S. intelligence officials say Putin was personally involved in U.S. election hack

Hey, Anya, Segei, I heard Great Leader Vlad likes to dress up like a pretty princess and pretend he is Catherine the Great. Can you confirm or deny this rumor for me?

1 Like

Clinton, Trump, or one of the “randos” - whoever gets third place in the Electoral College. Not in the popular vote; the EC.

Or, again, whoever gets third place in the EC (unless it’s an even 269-269 split).

There is also the scenario where the EC endorses Pence but not Trump, and Trump goes to the House but Pence does not go to the Senate. In that case, the House can simply not vote and Pence becomes Acting President.

2 Likes

Gah! That’s what I get for not reading closely. Danke.

1 Like

I changed browsers and don’t remember what my old account was. I’ve been on bOINGbOING for years.

1 Like

I have no particular liking for Putin’s govt. And certainly none for the upcoming one of Trump’s.

But this whole narrative (“Russia hacks US election”) seems to me just a backstory justifying why Clinton should run again in 2020.

What really needs to happen is the old corporate-guard of Clinton, Pelosi &c. needs pushing out of power, and this sort of narrative is designed to make sure that doesn’t happen.

3 Likes

There is no way this is ever going to happen (unless it’s a re-election campaign)

1 Like

I hope you’re right. Otherwise the Dems will proved themselves completely worthless. But we have people like Pelosi saying “The Democratic Party’s message doesn’t need to change”, so…

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/cjcmichel/status/809802121201745921

3 Likes

After days of dismissing the hack, Trump is now tweeting about how it was a DNC ploy…

1 Like

Quite likely John Kasich in that event.

@nungesser For chrissake, I could have given her the questions in advance. They were pretty much obvious. You know what’s unfair? She prepared for all the obvious questions, and probably some outliers too.

6 Likes

Exactly, and what’s crazy is that after all this time waving away the hack and saying it didn’t happen, he’s now referring to it as something he knew about back during the debates.

3 Likes

Which planks on this year’s Democratic platform do you disagree with?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.