U.S. Navy plans immigrant internment camps to detain tens of thousands in CA, AL, AZ

god forbid we spent that money on education or healthcare in the US.

8 Likes

Man, just imagine if you spent that money on streamlining the immigration process, and got these folks migrant worker visas or green cards, etc… And yeah, you could also use the $ for background checks to make sure that these people trying to escape to a better life with their kids aren’t all MS13 members…

6 Likes

This is a pretty good read:

10 Likes

Well that, and the fact that they’re obviously stealing all the white people jobs. 'Coz you know, I see white people selling oranges on freeway off ramps all the time. That and working as seasonal fruit harvesters. Oh yeah, and I see young white college kids starting off all the time working as gardeners or maids…

But maybe that’s just because I live in So. Cal, and the hispanic people have already forced all of the white folks out of these choice employment opportunities…

5 Likes

$233M for 25K, I wonder if the average immigrant-fearing Trump voter is fully committed to that $9,320/person ($18,640/person/year)? Oh, wait: Division is hard. And they’d probably contest the term “person”.

1 Like

Also: 144,000? Revelation 7:4.

2 Likes

Based on my 60 year old math this equates to about $1550 per month per person assuming a 6 month internment.

How does this equate to the general poverty level in the U.S.? My mind gyrates… WTF?

1 Like

Thank you. Everyone needs to read that piece. The alt-right likes to think it’s open season now that most of the people who fought their ilk the last time around have died. But the people who were children at the time, whose childhoods were ruined because of fascist scumbags, are still around. And they remember.

5 Likes

Oh, but these aren’t government death camps… they’re “Homeland detention centers” (or some other euphemism.)

2 Likes

EVERYTHING FOR THE FATHERLAND!!!

(wait, too much?)

(maybe it’ll sound less aggressive in a foreign language)

ALLES FUERS VATERLAND!

(nope… that definitely didn’t help…)

It’s fine, the military doesn’t let personnel carry guns on base unless specifically authorized: Gun Laws at Military Installations | Legal Beagle

OTOH actually authorizing the military to use its weapons against civilians might, just might, actually mobilize more people against what’s going on. I really hope it doesn’t get to that point.

2 Likes

Navy.

Arizona.

Go on…

1 Like

Was speaking to some Americans a week or two or go who’d had to go through an ICE or DHS (not sure) checkpoint on a northbound interstate, just before reaching the Canadian border. Apparently Canada was cooperating too, keeping an abnormally small number of booths/lanes open to keep things nice and slow. These were definitely US agents, so it was not a Canadian operation, or if it was it was in cooperation with the US.

(Since this is second-hand, assume a suitable level of garbling of details… but I’m sure of the basic fact that these people went through an ICE or DHS checkpoint just before leaving the United States.)

1 Like

Part of the problem is that “the base” sincerely believes that Trump is doing nothing new here, the only thing that’s changed is that libtards are whining about it because it’s Trump. (This requires conveniently forgetting that if that were true, then Trump wouldn’t be able to claim to be cracking down.) Successful propaganda is so disheartening, and there has been a shitload of it lately…

2 Likes

It doesn’t specify branch. He said it from Alaska, but that’s probably not related.

Have these people already been convicted of the misdemeanor of illegal entry or are they awaiting trial? Is it a common practice to lock up people for misdemeanors offenses while they await trial?

Did congress directly authorize an exception to the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 which prohibits the use of U.S. military forces to perform the tasks of civilian law enforcement such as detention? I ask because the President does not have the authority to suspend the Posse Comitatus Act. Only congress has that power.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.