U.S. Navy plans immigrant internment camps to detain tens of thousands in CA, AL, AZ

Boy, he’s not going to let this concentration camp thing go, is he?

5 Likes

What the fuck has this to do with the Navy? Doesn’t this violate the shit out of posse comitatus?

ETA: it would appear the Posse Comitatus Act only applies to the Army and Air Force, and to the National Guard when federalised. It’s solely DoD regulations that keep the other services out of law enforcement.

5 Likes

Yes, the FEMA camps that Obama was going to send all of his political enemies. That was projection at its pinnacle, because we all know that Obama had no such plans. But now that they are in charge, and it is a reality. I’m actively looking to get out of this country. But in reality, there is nowhere to run. We’re all stuck on this blue marble together. There are days I truly wish the human race would just disappear from this planet. Other species would flourish and Gaia would be allowed to heal herself. We are the plague, we are the infestation, we are the sickness.

2 Likes

When a nation turns inward and cuts itself off from allies, it’s military has to point it’s guns at someone.

4 Likes

Another point trump can not grasp. The NK people do not revere Kim Jong Un because they respect him, They do so out of fear. But then, maybe that’s what trump wants.

1 Like

That’s likely exactly what he wants.

5 Likes

There had better be a hell of a lot of them, otherwise it won’t make a difference. There needs to be a coup at the level of Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Part of a power struggle in the armed forces.
Navy can land that contract = big $$$.

2 Likes

LAND that contract.
Ha ha ha haa fuck none of this is funny.

3 Likes

More not normal:

“How are these warrantless fishing expeditions legal?” you may ask.

7 Likes

Shit… ‘land’… that came out naturally.

2 Likes

@lumbercartel yeah putting a camp in yuma is just sadistic

There’s a famous Mark Twain quote about that region:

Fort Yuma is probably the hottest place on earth. The thermometer stays at one hundred and twenty in the shade there all the time - except when it varies and goes higher. It is a U.S. military post, and its occupants get so used to the terrific heat that they suffer without it. There is a tradition… that a very, very wicked soldier died there, once, and of course, went straight to the hottest corner of perdition, - and the next day he telegraphed back for his blankets.

8 Likes

puts this here:

4 Likes

Maybe we should start organizing carpools.

3 Likes

Presumably because the Space Force isn’t ready yet.

7 Likes

Not a bad idea.

4 Likes

It won’t be the first time sound weapons are used against US civilians. You have to go back in time for that. https://gizmodo.com/5369190/lrad-sound-cannon-used-on-pittsburgh-g20-protesters

Forgive me if it sounds cynical, but I doubt it. The National Guard has regularly been used to commit violence against civilians with hardly a hand wringing headline. I doubt shifting it to the Navy would actual lead to resistance.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Is it too soon to start worrying about gas chambers? Or too late? Is that a “Trump’s second term”, “alternative to the wall” kind of thing, or are the plans prepared and just haven’t been leaked yet? Because I’m seriously worried about where this is going. Two years ago, internment camps for tens of thousands of people would have been laughable, the kind of paranoid gas-leak associated with Infowars. Now it’s here. I’m worried about what will be here in two more years.

7 Likes