U.S. Strategic Command tweets nuclear war joke on New Year's Eve

Of course not. But the US population will forget its importance if they aren’t periodically reminded. If that happens, funding for necessary defense becomes harder to secure.

2 Likes

Hey, benevolent aliens! Over here! Surely we’re ready for Contact or Uplift or something? Some of us?

6 Likes

Pro-tip: if you don’t understand the byzantine org structure of the US military, no judgement, but don’t warsplain to a journalist who probably does.

A) Nuclear weapons are exactly what “something much, much bigger” refers to.

B) The strategic in United States Strategic Command refers to strategic deterrence, as in the nuke command.

18 Likes

i cant get over peace is our profession. I thought that was something sarcastic made up for the movies, did not realize it is real.

17 Likes

The US spends more on military/defense than the next seven nations combined. Reminding the US population about the importance of funding defense is like reminding Tammy Faye Bakker about the importance of using eye shadow.

28 Likes

Nuclear holocaust really isn’t a joking topic, especially from the folks who have a near-exclusive capability of bringing it about.

22 Likes

With the military-industrial complex owning the legislature?
Yeah, right.

21 Likes

Oh my word, I just googled her. Hey, @FGD135, I just found one of those lifelong images :scream:

We can still mock tv Evangelicals, right…?

10 Likes

I saw her while snorkeling, once:

image https://www.thesprucepets.com/thmb/d-mwEpNqw0gUfAn9gMfI63HYVvs=/450x0/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/GettyImages-590527674-5aff39c1119fa800371ae63a.jpg

8 Likes

Close, but nah, that’s a warm fish.

7 Likes

Looks like the tweet has been removed.

9 Likes

It’s our sacred duty. Thank you for doing your part.

14 Likes

Even Tammy Faye wasn’t above making fun of Tammy Faye’s makeup. She even did a guest stint on The Drew Carey Show as Mimi Bobeck’s mother.

10 Likes

Well, I guess that joke bombed.

8 Likes

lunch_order|nullxnull

30 Likes

evangelist

5 Likes

the_important_field

26 Likes

The precursor of the ‘strategic command’.

Oh, and yes. You could draw Your own missiles over those existing ones…

5 Likes

That’s ruined Dr Seuss illustrations for me.

9 Likes

And you thought the Star-Bellied Sneetches had issues.

8 Likes