U.S. voters think Trump is an "idiot," and now trust media more than him to tell truth: Quinnipiac poll

Mildly? I’m over here like

8 Likes

Kwin-NIP-ee-ack, and not Kwi-nip-PEE-ack.

1 Like

The only positive thing to say about Trump’s election is that the fascist part of the right wing feels emboldened to go into full hate mode. I am hoping that the general public is horrified enough to vote out the idiots completely. A Hillary win would have meant crappy politics as usual with the right wing playing victim and that may have given them more long term sympathy…

5 Likes

These words come to my mind, particularly the last sentence about his native language being lies:

5 Likes

Yeah. I recently looked at /r/the_donald and found I needed a shower afterwards. My deep hope is most of the subscribed users are Russian bots and the rest are just blind trump fandom.

3 Likes

You pretty much covered everything. Shouldn’t we also mention his – ahem! – libidinal (and possibly criminal) “peculiarities"?

2 Likes

I don’t get it. It looks worse on day 75. Seems like he’s on an uptick.

2 Likes

one of the rivers that goes through Providence is the Woonasquatucket, pronounced woon-ass-qua-TUCK-it, rhymes with fuck it - but i liked to call it the woon-a-SQUAT-a-kit, at least up until its confluence with the Moshassuck, which i didn’t like to say at all, especially if drinking a cabinet

2 Likes

There will never be a moment of clarity for him. Everything we’ve ever seen him say or do, going all the way back to the eighties, tells us that he’s not mentally capable of processing shame, because that would require that he compare his actions to an internal ideal, which he is lacking, or to societal norms, which he doesn’t recognize. There is something terribly wrong with his psyche.

8 Likes

Any blunder that happens will always be someone else’s fault. He happily takes credit for things that he thinks are successes and invariably blames someone else for any screw-up.

8 Likes

Even if he blew up the planet, he and his followers would blame Obama.

6 Likes

Yeah, yeah. . . I knew the answer even as I asked it. Or maybe I was fantasizing some kind of situation where he suddenly has this crushing moment of self-realization.

3 Likes

Of course not.
To do so would be to admit they made a yuge mistake.

2 Likes

Agreed, similar to the younger Bush (ignorant) and Cheney (arrogant) showing America what world politics is really like, (unlike the elder Bush who was smart enough to keep it all hidden away).

3 Likes

The problem is that he is the president. It’s his job to be the president. Regardless of how he screws up, or what he thinks of his own performance, he has to continue doing his job.

Some inklings of humility and empathy, or even bare competence, are definitely too much to ask though.

1 Like

The news readers all say quinn-uh-PEE-ack

1 Like
  • Yes, he is the president. Sure, there were numerous voting irregularities, Comey’s partisan grandstanding, and likely Russian psy-ops. But due to 3 million fewer people voting for him than Clinton, and the Republican-heavy Electoral College voting for him, he’s the president.

• His job of faithfully executing the office of President of the United States includes his best effort to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. And at faithfully doing anything but golfing and lining his own pockets, he has been a miserable failure. He has been acting in bad faith against the Constitution. Thankfully the courts have been keeping him in check on some of his worst Constitutional violations.

• There are plenty of soft and hard limits to how often and to what degree he can screw up. Despite what he himself has said, he is not above the law.

• He does not have to continue bringing disgrace to the Office of the President of the United States. He could step down, and Pence would take his place. And depending on how the investigation(s) play out, he may very well be forced to do so.

5 Likes

I’m still shocked and amazed about the 40% approval rating.
How can it possibly be that high? What would he have to do to go lower?
I really hope the explanation is something more “Freak-onomicky” than just
40% of americans are ignorant, xenophobic and/or in 0.1% massive tax cut zone.

4 Likes

That’s other people’s mistakes. The Tump does not make mistakes. Great.

1 Like

It think that, when referring to Trump, you need to make that two words, “Mother [pause for emphasis and to gather breath to add extra inflection] Fucker.”

1 Like