U.S. will examine 2016 North Carolina poll books for election hacking

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/06/u-s-will-examine-2016-north-c.html

Finally. It’s been almost 3 years.

5 Likes

The DHS is investigating? “Hey, Mr. Fox! Can you look after this henhouse while I’m away?”

11 Likes

DHS, “Yep, nothing to see here.” “Y’all got space for brown kids?”

11 Likes

that’s the thing that gets me. i listen to npr on a fairly regular basis. and every time they talk about this stuff they quote some expert who says “no evidence votes were changed” - as if that mattered!

1. multiple evoting systems were shown to be hackable and for those hacks to leave no trace. absence of evidence is no evidence of absence for those machines.

2. if you stop people from voting - there’s no need to tamper with their votes! all you need to do is bar enough people. long lines only add to that.

boggles my mind. the vote was surely close enough in some states that it could have swung the election. ( not that i put it past americans to elect trump all on their own mind you. shrub did get elected. twice! )

22 Likes

Cool, cool. So we might - might - actually find out if the last election was hacked sometime after the next election?

9 Likes

Better than not knowing at all? I’m wondering what Kennedy files they’re still keeping locked away for “national security”.

3 Likes

They are investigating. Doesn’t mean they will tell you the result.

5 Likes

NC is also the state that lied in court about its racist gerrymandering.

7 Likes

Shrub was elected by a minority of voters in 2000 and there were irregularities in 2000 and 2004.

6 Likes

They have top men working on it.

12 Likes

Top… men

11 Likes

I’m trying to work in an 11-foot-8 joke here, but I got nothin’.

2 Likes

Top%20Men

1 Like

Maybe Shrub just had better hackers.

1 Like

I feel like this is happening just in time for Trump to dispute results in 2020 or even delay the election.

1 Like

Yeah, I kind of figure we’ll never actually know either the whole story nor what they uncover. It’s not really conducive to a happy (ostensible) democracy if you find out the president wasn’t there legitimately, so the establishment has an incentive to hide that fact.

(See: Reality Winner)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.