Uber apologizes for tweeting racial slur

Yeah, but they thrive there because the faceless corporation that encourages their style of communication.

3 Likes

This one allways amuses me, as i live in the sussex area of the UK, with the ‘sex’ part providing much hilarity with filters :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve worked at a company that, for a few hilarious hours, blacklisted its own address via a profanity filter…
(the address was part of the default footer in every email…)

4 Likes

Both companies suck it.

Any decent human being would disagree with them, in the strongest possible terms. If someone says they are “a [something]”, then that [something] must be a noun.

2 Likes

But…but…

…then they’ve verbalized it! Now what? :thinking:

2 Likes

Wait! I know this one!

The word must be M0ist!

1 Like

I do wonder why this word is the only one which most news outlets refuse entirely to print, despite happily printing almost every other slur when they’re recounting a story.

But an adjective becomes a noun as soon as someone identifies with it as their name.

I am sure that there are probably more than a few people who have names that are offensive words; either singularly (or “on purpose”) or as a sub-string part of their name.

I would be exceptionally uncomfortable with someone who’s name was an offensive slur; I would go out of my way to not say it aloud. But I wouldn’t deny that it is their name.

What is more common and has caused me personally some discomfort is when someone identifies themselves as a member of a group traditionally associated with a powerful slur as that slur. It’s like, I really don’t want to use that slur because I respect and honor the people in the group but I don’t want to disrespect the person who is using the slur as part of their identity…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.