Uh oh. Jennifer Lawrence takes over plane speaker to drum up Super Bowl cheer and nobody is impressed

The biggest miscalculation may have been assuming that a bunch of people who all decided to book a flight on Superbowl Sunday were even into football in the first place.

14 Likes

The telling part of this: that she had to announce herself prior to her “announcement.” Clearly, she’s trying to use her celebrity as an immunity card. If what she had to say was of any value or humor, we wouldn’t have to know who it was.

For a lot of people, the end result of this could be being forcibly restrained and a federal agent waiting for you upon landing.

And I had always thought JLaw was one of the “good ones”…

1 Like

Maybe Bradley Cooper put her up to it (he was in the Eagle’s owner’s box on Sunday).

1 Like

I flew on Superbowl Sunday (not with Jennifer Lawrence) and I was so delighted at the short lines in security I almost want to make it a regular thing.

4 Likes

I happened to be on a flight Sunday afternoon too. Other than a couple of guys that got on the flight drunk (and drank about a hundred dollars in booze during the 2 hour flight), few seem to care even though we landed at half time.

1 Like

It is possible that the flight crew consists of multiple individuals of varying levels of sanity; rather than a hive entity of coherent purpose.

It’s also possible that flight crew support was much higher back in the planning stage, before the failure of the plan became evident. Former supporters of an idea that didn’t survive its collision with reality suddenly rediscovering their doubts was probably the earliest glimmer of ‘project management’ among proto-human hominids; and still popular today!

Also, of course, quite possible that they were never in favor of the idea but anyone without a scary terror beard can get at least a few seconds of inaction through audacity on an aircraft where the crew have other things to attend to.

1 Like

Are we though? Because I assure you I couldn’t care less, and apparently neither did most of the people on this plane.

The flight attendant at the end seems to be in on the whole thing since she can be glimpsed smiling at the thought of what is about to take place at the very beginning of the video. She probably realized things were not going as planned so she put an end to them.

It’s a “stock” character type often used to appeal to young nerdy men
The term is often applied to the characters Zoe deshchanell plays.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manic_Pixie_Dream_Girl

Yeah someone is trying too hard to be ultra woke.

Glad I’m not the only one who was thinking this way…

1 Like

It’s just one more stereotype to throw at women that we either get branded with or scolded when we don’t live up to it.

2 Likes

Pretty much. I doubt you’d say all that if it were some dude.

2 Likes

I think you mean young, nerdy women?

[ETA] OH, wait no… I misread. To appeal to is what you wrote to apply to is what my brain translated! Sorry about that!

I’m not a fan or a ‘stan,’ or even someone who cares very much about football, the superbowl or ‘JLaw’, but sometimes superficial clickbait just seems brings out the needlessly petty and ugly side of some people.

O_o

There are way too many legit real-life “evil villains” actually fucking up life as we know it for me to waste any of my ‘righteous fury’ on something so irrelevant.

2 Likes

Really? Would you like me to go into detail on the topic of Johnny Depp? Another famous actor who’s desperately clinging to a heavily affected personality to stand out in increasingly pathetic fashion? I’d be happy to verbally shred his lame ass, if I wasn’t already convinced that you’re just looking for a target against which you can cast yourself as “holier than thou.”

1 Like

Well, johnny depp might possibly have been abusive to his ex and the last few films he’s been in, he’s done a terrible job. By contrast, Lawrence has some great acting chops, and has recently been in some high profile films. Red Sparrow and Mother aren’t exactly “manic pixie girl” type roles. But YMMV.

And I don’t think I’m holier than thou. I just think that categorizations such as “manic pixie girl” are deployed to shame women more than anything else.

3 Likes

4 Likes

jon-snow-slurps

4 Likes

3 Likes