Uh oh. Jennifer Lawrence takes over plane speaker to drum up Super Bowl cheer and nobody is impressed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/06/uh-oh-jennifer-lawrence-takes.html

2 Likes

Far too many “celebrities” think they are of greater substance than an equivalent amount of hot air.

Is she normally this dysfunctional or was heavy use of alcohol involved?

8 Likes

Maybe taking over the speaker on a flight to Philly would have worked better? Still, based on the results of “Getting Philly fans excited” that we saw in the other thread, I’m not sure this is safe to do on a plane…

5 Likes

Why would you assume a flight from Louisiana to California would have lots of Philadelphia fans?

5 Likes

I think all her fappening victim good will has been used up by her Hollywood narcissism.

4 Likes

If she’s going to do this, it would behoove her to actually sing the damn song correctly.

3 Likes

I wonder what would have happened if I, a completely unfamous person, had commandeered the PA system on a transcontinental flight? I suppose I would have been introduced to the local air marshal upon landing, but maybe I’m wrong.

15 Likes

Jennifer Lawrence’s desperate need to be a manic pixie dream girl was kinda charming when she was younger and lesser known, but now it’s grown grating and sad. I want to hug her and say, “It’s okay, you’re a movie star. You don’t have to try so hard to make people like you.”

5 Likes

And they didn’t chuck her out the airlock? What good sports!

5 Likes

Displays of self importance are rarely appreciated.

3 Likes

I’m glad she’s getting blowback on a site like this, because when Fox and Friends gets ahold of this (if they haven’t already), it will be a shown as an example of how out-of-touch ‘libtards’ are.

But it is partially the fault of the bursar or lead flight attendant, who let this happen and maybe encouraged it. Ultimately, when someone famous is in the room, we are all starfuckers.

1 Like

Who?

Never heard of this person, at least not in a way that was worth remembering.

Facts not in evidence, your honour.

(the final few seconds of the video - ‘Finally a flustered-looking flight attendant comes out saying “Ma’am!” before the video turns off.’ - indicates that the cabin crew were not ok with this.)

1 Like

How dare she age and be successful at her job. Better hack her phone and put more nudes out so she knows her place. /s

okayjlaw

15 Likes

Of course she isn’t gang tackled and placed into a choke hold. She gets a pass. Maybe that’s what she was trying to attain so she could sue the airline. That’s my stroy and I’m sticking to it.

Starfucker, Starfucker, Starfucker Starfucker, Star!

Um…

While I’m a natural smartass and highly prone to throw shade when it’s deserved, unless I had actually been on that plane to be personally annoyed by her impulsive cheerleader impersonation, I find no reason to be snarky about this story - it just seems needlessly petty, especially when there are so many other people who are so much more worthy of my ire right now…

Also, I’m glad the patriots lost.

13 Likes

Do you post this “desperate need to be a manic pixie dream girl was kinda charming” thing every time Jennifer Lawrence is mentioned? It’s an odd turn of phrase, and I know I’ve seen it recently - maybe somewhere else, maybe here on BB. Just curious…

1 Like

Can’t say that I do. I’ve got all of five comments on BB, and this is the first on the topic of Jennifer Lawrence. But “manic pixie dream girl” is a concept that predates my comment by at least a decade, so it’s probably been applied to her trademarked brand of eccentricity by many people.

2 Likes

THAT is what you took from my comment?

Wow.

7 Likes