UK Conservative party tries to send all official speeches down the memory hole

I HATE HIM SO MUCH

“Body is invalid; try to be a little more descriptive” - Fine then. I’ll use this space to thank @jsroberts for teaching me that amazing word - backpfeifengesicht. Amazing. Filed right alongside schadenfreude and fingerspitzengefühl. I’m starting to really like German.

2 Likes

The problem is that if you surveyed the voting public they’d likely be right alongside David in scrapping every welfare system under the sun.

People, eugh.

1 Like

Yup, depressingly. These are the same people who will say, “You’ve got nothing to fear if you’ve nothing to hide”. I can only attribute this to apathy, forgetfulness, ignorance or all of the above.

1 Like

Yup.

And the sad thing is, that’s kind of why we have governments in the first place. If all we were going to do was pander to popular demand, without any intelligent debate and social-level action plan, then we could just vote on everything and do away with the bureaucrats. But we bring them in specifically for this purpose, to make difficult and sometimes unpopular decision that benefit society as a whole. It’s enough to make me shake my fist.

2 Likes

Aha! Catch-22. I’ve often wondered how we can take the career out of political. Politics is too lucrative for it’s own good.

A timeless question that may never be answered. Dare I say a part of the human condition.

Even ConservativeHome think this is a dumb move.

http://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2013/11/deleting-the-archive-of-speeches-may-be-understandable-but-that-doesnt-make-it-any-less-foolish.html

1 Like

You left out self-righteousness.

Thank you

Vatican City?

He also had two variations on that:
“Sie können mir es mir doch nicht zum Vorwurf machen daß ich heute klüger bin als gestern!”
You can’t possibly berate me for being smarter today than I was yesterday!"

When being reminded of an opinion he had voiced earlier:
“Ich weiß nicht recht, ob ich da noch meiner Meinung bin.”
“I’m not quite sure whether I’m still of my opinion.”

Backpfeifengesicht, eh? Fuck, yeah.

Do the Germans have a word for a head that should be cut off, by any chance?

As far as I know, no. Given their history, the French should have one, though.

Just remembered this:

1 Like

Nice. I guess “Open Source Politics” was a nice PR stunt wasn’t it? This is why we can’t have nice things. :sadface:

Add Steilvorlage. That something like the opportunity you gave me in that other thread.

The that face is just oozing smug contempt and there’s no effort to cover it up at all. Nasty, nasty man.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.