UK court throws out Trump's case over Steele dossier despite Trump insisting he did not "hire prostitutes to engage in 'golden showers'"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/01/uk-court-throws-out-trumps-case-over-steele-dossier-despite-trump-insisings-he-did-not-hire-prostitutes-to-engage-in-golden-showers.html

7 Likes

A statement made up entirely of loopholes. I’m sure TFG is not smart enough to write that.

19 Likes

I always thought the “pee tape” story was too unlikely to be true, but the more I hear Trump deny it, the more I start to wonder.

I also always assumed that Trump’s dirty little secrets were more likely to be financial than sexual, but after E. Jean Carroll, I’m not so sure. And of course there’s no reason why he couldn’t have both, and in quantity.

18 Likes

(narrator voice)

He definitely hired prostitutes to engage in ‘golden showers’…

12 Likes

I really don’t think there is a tape. If there was one, I think it would have been out there by now.

I give the event 50/50 it even happened.

The problem I have is that the Russian influence is most likely real (or he is the biggest useful idiot ever). But the salaciousness of the “pee tape” just discredits the whole thing, makes it easier to ignore for some. Even if it IS true, it really makes no difference.Of all the things Trump has been accused of, paying someone to do something kinky is the last thing I am worried about (even though I usually hate hypocrites, there is so much other bullshit that it doesn’t even trigger a response in comparison.)

12 Likes

Even if a Russian prostitute did pee on Trump, there’s no way he actually paid her for it.

29 Likes

Talking The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

18 Likes

I thought that the claim was that he paid prostitutes to pee on the bed that Obama slept on during his visit? That is 100% plausible. I’d say highly likely.

13 Likes

If it happened, she was almost certainly a free gift, paid for out of the FSB’s kompromat budget.

19 Likes

Of course the pee tape is real. But it’s also fake.

I was thinking about this recently, how nobody on the left gives this any credence, but conservatives were gung-ho to embrace fake Obama Kenyan birth certificates, and will bend over backward to find secret FBI/antifa antagonists for Jan. 6th.

(Slate link does have some sightly gross imagery.)

Basically the video is just real enough to believe, but has minor errors you wouldn’t notice at first that debunk it. Like the infamous George W. Bush AWOL letter that damaged CBS News and Dan Rather.

2 Likes

Yeah, well, that’s not what the Steele dossier actually claims, so it continues to be a non-denial denial.

Yeah, and this is a really important fact that gets lost. Trump paying prostitutes to pee on him is incredibly unlikely. The story in the dossier, on the other hand, sounds exactly like something Trump would do, given what we know about him now. It sounded plausible at the time, but given how we’ve subsequently seen Trump’s obsession with Obama, he’s discussed his disgust with bodily fluids, and the importance he places on symbolic insults, it’s just become more and more likely.

Given that his denials were explicitly of a story that was not the one given in the Steele dossier, his denials were always rather suspicious to me.

The Russians would hardly be quick to give up their kompromat. This wasn’t supposed to be something Trump made and handed off to some flunky (in which case, yeah, it would totally be out there).

But remember, the salacious version of the story going around wasn’t what was claimed in the dossier (which is extremely consistent with Trump’s personality). The fact that the story got warped in that way - and Trump only denies the warped version - makes the original story more likely, not less.

18 Likes

“I can confirm that I did not, at any time engage in perverted sexual behaviour including the hiring of prostitutes to engage in ‘golden showers’ in the presidential suite of a hotel in Moscow.”

But how about in the bridal suite of a hotel in Atlantic City? I mean, the specificity of the denial is what makes it hard to credit. He could have said simply, “I didn’t ever [fail to] pay prostitutes to engage in ‘golden showers’” and left it at that. This way it sounds like, “I didn’t kill him at 6.30 Friday evening” meaning “I did kill him at 7.15 Thursday morning.”

9 Likes

“the publicity you’ll get will be so much more valuable that what I was going to pay you”. Or he offered her a cabinet post, or the VP position, or to be the fourth “Mrs. Trump”.

3 Likes

Putin was the one paying! :wink:

ETA Coke to @angusm

6 Likes

IDK about the pee tape in particular but knowing Trump and Putin, for sure Trump did something stupid and Putin recorded it. Trump does everything stupid and Putin records everything.

8 Likes

Of course he didn’t hire them. His attorney hired them and then billed Trump for “legal services.”
michael cohen GIF

8 Likes

(deleted)

So it happened. Just not in Moscow. Would the FSB be interested in planting cameras wherever Obama might have stayed during a visit to another country, (or maybe just outside of Moscow, so technically not in “Moscow”) especially if Trump happened to specifically ask for the same room where Obama stayed, and appeared to be bringing in young girls that aren’t business associates? Yes, I think they would have been.

2 Likes

Thats funny, my first thought was “oh this tape is almost certainly real” based on what i know about trump and his history

2 Likes

It certainly fits in his entire aesthetic.

landscape-1437660851-gettyimages-481587872

I hear she did it for exposure.

@snigs

8 Likes