UK documentary cut scene claiming Prince William spread rumors about Prince Harry's mental health

Originally published at: UK documentary cut scene claiming Prince William spread rumors about Prince Harry's mental health | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I’m not seeing a great need for a bunch of hereditary Kardashians.

18 Likes

But there is no such man; for, brother, men
Can counsel and speak comfort to that grief
Which they themselves not feel; but, tasting it,
Their counsel turns to passion, which before
Would give preceptial medicine to rage,
Fetter strong madness in a silken thread,
Charm ache with air and agony with words.

“urhm…have them elide that last three pentameters - it’s all much ado about nothing …withal.”

3 Likes

If the accusations aren’t true (not clear from this summary), it doesn’t seem illegitimate for anyone to ask that they aren’t broadcast, or unreasonable for a TV company to do so…

3 Likes

The Daily Beast , quoting The Daily Mail

Wow, Rob.

19 Likes

At least you know not to click on any of those links.

5 Likes

I mean, isn’t Harry’s mental health struggles now kind of very public, since he’s basically started a career trying to get people to pay attention their mental health. As such, he’s been publicly disclosing his own struggles and how he has dealt with them, yes?

6 Likes

I almost care.

4 Likes

His father seems such a stable individual; I guess that this argues more for William’s issues (if any) being more to do with nurture rather than nature.

3 Likes

I don’t understand what the last paragraph has to do with the rest of the story.

I have no idea why the Daily Beast covers the royals. Aren’t they American? Luckily, they have enough other stuff that amuses.

3 Likes

But Harry is truly the Punk Rock Prince

1 Like

Royalty is what draws tourists to the UK and substantially fuels its economy. No one goes there for the “Bubble and Squeak”. So the royals – however ‘criminally’ entitled and dysfunctional – will be kept around. The London Stock Exchange demands it.

1 Like

Is this still the only argument royalists have to wheel out?

No one coming to England gets to see the queen. They’ll still be able to look at Buckingham palace and the Crown jewels if they lived in a country estate with no actual power.

If tourists liked coming here to see a giant hole full of burning tyres would we insist on preserving that too?

3 Likes

The UK should replace the royal family with some other famous family. Take the Kardashians, please!

No seriously, the UK should phase out the whole monarchy thing and replace it by taking the Kardashians (please!). That would still bring in tourism, and it would be to the benefit of both countries!

2 Likes

The Kardashians are who I bring up whenever I’m arguing in favour of monarchy.

I’m not a monarchist, and I’ve got no time for them. But it seems like people want someone to look up to for no good reason, so why not have people born into the job? Otherwise, you’ll get the Kardashians.

Tongue is mostly in cheek when I say these things. Mostly.

1 Like

Don’t underestimate the bizarre inexplicable thrill of watching tyres burn.

4 Likes

The Bubble died in April.

1 Like

SQUEAK.

unnamed

6 Likes

You can’t get rid of them, especially in Strictly come Dancing.