UK local elections: Conservative party forgets to alter placeholder text before distributing campaign literature

This made me laugh.

1 Like

Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken

2 Likes

Those are the ones that were sent to Scotland

4 Likes

These were the best local results for a long time in London. Nationally it was not so great for Labour, who are in charge of fewer county councils than they were before, contrary to all expectations.

Seriously, Labour has held government since 1971, ie 1974-9 and 1997-2010, so any idea that this is the “best” result since 1971 is just bizarre, and an obvious effort to put a good spin on a middling result at a time when the Tories should have been crumbling under the combined weight of Windscalerush and continuing Brexit squabbles.

2 Likes

It is unfortunate the Labour, like the Democrats in America, seem to panic in sight of an open goal. Or, maybe, that’s just the way the media reports it? Who knows?

@VoxInSpatium, wasn’t there a case of a politician firing his speech writer, demanding that they hand in their last piece of work, taking it on to the podium without reading it, sailing through the first page of high quality bombastic rhetoric which builds up to something like, “I shall now enumerate all 20 of these highly detailed talking points…”, turning over the page, and finding the message, “You’re on your own.”

4 Likes

I’ve recently been working on a report of which, for various reasons, there are three distinct copies - a master copy and two variant redacted copies for particular audiences. It also relied on content from other reports, one of which I was waiting for. So, I left a placeholder which read something like

1. The widget is yellow in colour, and comfortable to use … words words words

The two redacted copies went out first, but the feeder report arrived too late to include directly so we sent that as a separate document, and just deleted the whole placeholder section.

However, for the master … you see where this is going … :hushed:

1 Like

Can’t help but think of the wonderful Lou and Peter Berryman song “Your State’s Name Here”

2 Likes

The first ceremony, obviously.
Although… tory voters…

This may actually have been illegal, as UK election leaflets are required to give the name and address of the specific group responsible, not “Promoted by Insert Name on behalf of Insert Name, both of Insert Full Address and Postcode. Printed by:” as was printed on these.

As a longtime resident of Ward/Area name, these 3 issues speak directly to my concerns regarding what issues/projects/policies have already been done or are doing or will be doing in my ward/area.

Haha! Love it! Seems UK conservatives are about as smart as Amerikan conservatives. But then again, why it be any different? Conservatives in general are just plain, stupid people.

For an additional $300/hr, I’ll provide Wards and Messages.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.