UK Political Thread, part the second

9 Likes

“Look here plebs, we may be spewing raw shit into rivers, lakes, and seas, but at least we have the good manners not to talk about it. Take a leaf from our book called “The Natural Party of Government.”

14 Likes

joanna lumley rage GIF

5 Likes

Here’s hoping he brings Dark Brandon with him!

(Not really. NI is somewhere Democratic politicians can take a well earned slap on the back and hearty thanks. He can send Dark Brandon to Westminster.)

6 Likes

Joe Biden Deal With It GIF

5 Likes

Exactly. This statement especially struck me in the AP article above:

“As somebody whose grandmother escaped Nazi Germany in the 1930s, I think it’s really disappointing and inappropriate to compare government policy on immigration to events in Germany in the 1930s,” Culture and Media Secretary Lucy Frazer said Thursday.

No, Lucy, it is you who is trivialising the Holocaust by using it as a club to beat Linneker with, who didn’t even mention it.

And another thing:

Former BBC television news chief Roger Mosey said that he sympathized with Lineker’s views, but thought he shouldn’t have shared them.

“What if he was tweeting ‘Brexit is working, Suella Braverman is right, refugees should go back to Calais’?” Mosey told Times Radio.

I honestly think that nothing at all would have happened in that case

8 Likes

Well every British person I know would have instantly hated him.

But their opinions don’t count anyway it seems.

7 Likes

Yeah, well, there wouldn’t have been a reaction from the BBC and the Tories, I meant.

4 Likes

Freeeeeze Peach for all (except for critics of the fash).

6 Likes

The day after Lineker’s tweet, Robert Jenrick was interviewed on LBC about it.

Hmm, so:

The cruel measure is actually compassionate.

They know what the will of the British people is.

Anyone who is against the will of the British people had better shut up or be made to shut up.

I’d say that pretty much makes Gary’s point for him.

13 Likes

Q.E.Fucking.D.

My solidarity with British mutants living under this disgusting regime.

You will overcome.

11 Likes

Alan Shearer and Ian Wright pull out, Micah Richards and Alex Scott have confirmed they won’t be appearing either.

6 Likes

At this rate they will end up doing MOTD with Sol Campbell and the arsehole who owns AFC Fylde.

ETA:
MOTD will have no presenters or pundits tomorrow. I guess they really couldn’t find anyone who would sell out and be on the show.

13 Likes
15 Likes

It’s based on the logo of the BUF - Oswald Moseley’s gang.

1 Like

Tiocfaidh dorcha Biden.

1 Like

(Tiochfaidh Biden dorcha. What you had is more “Dark will come, Biden”.)

2 Likes

Logo on the letter.

British Union of Fascists

Sturmabteilung

It looks like a remix of the two.

11 Likes

I have to say, I would have expected the Tories to be more sophisticated in their media strategy

At this point they’ve just got people quoting each other saying “Germany in the ’30s” over and over again, and it’s not stopping any time soon

12 Likes

Well, the first-class mind of Prentiss McCabe Government Media Relations has recently passed on, and Charles has shown on several occasions in the past that he can’t really hold the fort on his own.

2 Likes