UK Political Thread, part the second

If Marsha de Cordova is resigning then that means that they are trying to get rid of the left leaning TERs too. I think the aim is to get a party where Starmer and Luke Akehurst take turns to see who can be more right wing, and any members left applaud or are threatened with expulsion.

3 Likes

There really needs to be a banner where the people (and they are enough of them) ignored by the current political parties get representation… Haven’t voted labour since I lived down south london and it was vote labour or there’s going to be a tory in parliment, but now you’ve made it abundantly clear that even the greens are a bunch of reactionary TERFs they won’t see my vote again until that publicly changes.

It really does seem to be a case of hold your nose and pick the least rancid recently.

4 Likes

So, they’re trying to out right wing the right wing party? That’s… just… ugh…

4 Likes

Either these are deliberate (in which case does anyone want to start a new party for the centre left to left wing?), or they are repeatedly making administrative errors (in which case does anyone want to start a new party for competent people?)

4 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m a just gonna leave this here as a gentle reminder.

11 Likes
1 Like

Don’t forget to leave a rating: Amazon chairman meeting with UK prime minister to talk taxes

Britain’s tow-headed Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been granted an audience with Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, during which he will discuss the “challenges” of taxing giant tech corporations in a digital economy.

[…]

2 Likes

I guess I am about to find out where my local MP stands regarding my rights.

5 Likes

What a fucking shitshow Labour is turning into…

8 Likes

is, Labour is a shitshow, and has been for far too long.

6 Likes

Keir Starmer goes John Galt.

A pamphlet is never 14,000 words long. People are reading though it right now and it is about as bad as can be expected from the Labour right.

Edit:

From page 34

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Keir Starmer is the Labour MP for
Holborn & St Pancras and leader of
the Labour party.

That’s the only text on the page. Is there really nothing you would like to add to that, Keir?

4 Likes

I blame Tony Blair…

To the Labour Right… I say…

piss off go away GIF by Domino Recording Co.

7 Likes

Yeah, Blair is one of those people on my list of punch first, deal with consequences later.

5 Likes

And by “deal with consequences” I presume you mean “Arrest for war crimes”?

There’s so much more he did to make the world a worse place, but that particular mountain of corpses is going to be his enduring legacy.

6 Likes

I would argue that pulling labour to the right to better align with Thatcherite dogma is also an enduring part. The Third Way “common sense” of Blair and the Clintons has just done enormous damage, because they spent much of their time trying to appease people who were just growing ever more extreme as the decades rolled on…

10 Likes

It looks like the Labour Right have managed to find a leadership candidate who is worse than Starmer. He’s unlikely to win though because most people are against the proposed changes away from one member, one vote…

I guess Starmer is getting advice from the Republican party. If you can’t win, cheat.

6 Likes

Yeah, but to what end?

Unless they’re sleeper agents, their ultimate goal can’t be to make the Labour party less relevant, can it?

1 Like

Blind to provocation?
No we’ll say it’s too expensive.

2 Likes