UK Political Thread, part the second

The committee’s report said Lord Ranger, a former adviser to Boris Johnson who was rewarded in the former prime minister’s resignation honours list last year, “acted aggressively, shouting and swearing”, calling a group of people “fucking useless”, in parliament’s Strangers’ Bar in January.

The report said Ranger had been “visibly drunk” and made “various inappropriate comments” before “invading their personal space”.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Lectern is out

Debacle excuses being made

5 Likes

WOHOOOOOOOOO!!! ITS HAPPENING!!!

Thank fuck for that.

3 Likes

3 Likes

It’s confirmed, July 4th is the election date.

Let’s hope we have something to celebrate on that date.

6 Likes

lol.

Fuck you Rish.

9 Likes
10 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

My partner fancies him.

5 Likes

Ahahahahaaaaa. I caught the end of it, just as he was wrapping up. He stood and did that whole thing in the pissing rain, then shambled back into no. 10 damp and defeated.

Why the fuck did he not have someone standing there with an umbrella to keep him dry? Did… did they all refuse? Was he just pushed out the door to say, ‘Okay guys, it’s been decided that I should, on behalf of the Tories as a gestalt, just fucking quit, right now’, and there’s no one to even care if the actual prime minister has to give such a speech in actual cats & dogs rain?? God, I hope so.

9 Likes

The Canute effect.

6 Likes

Let’s give it the more-accurate historical spelling of “Cnut” and call it a typo.

4 Likes

Election campaigning is going great already:

12 Likes

No, really, just a great start to the campaign:

9 Likes

Time to wheel out that lettuce.

10 Likes

I feel like it’s indicative of the times in which we live that the mere announcement of a general election has me feeling genuinely jubilant for the first time in ages.

Let’s get the bastards out.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Hee hee

By the end of the evening, the Lib Dems had won more seats than the Tories. Now that’s baaaaad…

4 Likes

Cassetteboy nails it yet again!

9 Likes

And in sign that the Tories have completely given up on getting any young people to vote for them:

5 Likes