UK Political Thread, part the second

7 Likes

What really worries me about this is that the all inclusive conversion therapy ban (with an “exploratory therapy” exception for young trans people) was also in the Kings speech.

I read up on what exploratory therapy is. I know exploratory therapy, but it wasn’t called that at the time. I suffered through exploratory therapy. I nearly jumped in front of a train because of exploratory therapy. I delayed my transition for four years because i couldn’t bear any more exploratory therapy. Thankfully, the second time I tried I didn’t encounter the arsehole who put me through that. I still bear the mental scars from exploratory therapy.

Exploratory therapy nearly killed me, and I openly declare my undying enmity for anyone who supports it.

13 Likes

Anderson can absolutely go fuck himself. Waste of space.

6 Likes

Lee Anderthal reveals his true colours (again), surprised it took so long.

4 Likes

Don’t insult neanderthals by comparing them to Reform UK members.

11 Likes

Go Away Ugh GIF by TNC Africa

4 Likes

i hadn’t heard that phrase before, and found this article about it. ( for others who are curious. ) apparently, it’s a term being used here in the states now by some in the gop as well. :confused:

nobody should have to go through that sort of thing.

9 Likes

Tell me you’re carrying on with Tory austerity without telling me. So that’s why i didn’t vote Labour.

Angry Fuck Me GIF

8 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

I think it’s also this.

Wealthier pensioners are probably the most reliably Tory group in UK society right now, so I can’t exactly see Labour falling over themseves to spend billions on them.

4 Likes

That’s so nearly a good graph. I’d want it scaled to the number of people in each age bracket, and/or including “did not vote” as an option. The baby boomers have skewed the population pyramid their entire lives, and have always had good turnout. The last two age bars might be the most significant electorally.

Arguably it’s already got too many categories for the stacked bars - it’s not immediately obvious that LD voting was the same for all 50+ categories.

I also don’t get their ordering. Ordered by overall turnout, or highlighting Labour and Conservative would be justified, but there’s a case for going Green, Lab, LD, Con, Ref, (Other somewhere) in a general left → right sweep.

3 Likes

I think that’s the idea here. Having the Cons on the right means their vote share is as easy to read and intuitively understand as Lab on the left, because both start from a fixed baseline. The rest are ordered roughly by alignment, although like you, I would have put the Lib Dems to the right of the Greens.

3 Likes

In the article I got this from, it has the data tables, which lets you see how much of the voting population each of these age bands makes up. And the biggest voting group are now the 40-50 age cohort, who make up 20% of the voting population on their own.

4 Likes

A lot of pensioners, who aren’t wealthy, will be impacted though. Especially as the energy price cap is expected to rise again in October. It just seems like another round of austerity coming our way.

5 Likes
1 Like

Cross post in trans awareness

8 Likes

Because of course

11 Likes

That fucker is riling up the fascists which i’m sure is the last thing those parents of the murdered kids want. Absolute c**t.

10 Likes

“wouldn’t want anything to do with them”

So get rid of the worst offender.

9 Likes