UK Political Thread, part the second

Rule of law? No that just gets in the way of doing what we want , so it has to go.

7 Likes
5 Likes

In Merseyside too, where they are well known for how much they love de Pfeffel.

ā€¦

Hang on, is this another ā€œMaking model busesā€ style attempt at manipulating search engines?

4 Likes

That dudeā€™s too old and way too out of shape to be a beat cop. Iā€™d like to see him try and run down a suspect.

They better have the defibrillator handy.

2 Likes

Heā€™s just doing what his hero did

2 Likes

@FGD135 ā€˜The prime minister is not on crystal meth,

Well, certainly not if the findings of the UK Speaker are to be believed.

A report in the Sunday Times said detection wipes had found traces of cocaine in 11 out of 12 locations tested amid claims of casual use of the class A drug by a group of MPs.

In the toilet next to Johnsonā€™s office, in the one at the top of the stairs in Portcullis House, and in the one at the bottom; for brevity, letā€™s say pretty well all of them.

6 Likes
4 Likes

I thought a whole load of de Pfeiffelā€™s generation of Tory has admitted taking coke. Certain Gove anyway. I mean they are really media people.

4 Likes

Boris denied it, so he definitely has as well.

5 Likes
4 Likes

So, what did the politician in question say?

Sucks to be a normie who had a lonely christmas at home, basically.

I knew those tasers would be good for something

1 Like

Iā€™m not British so itā€™s not my game but I do fully understand why this is the thing after all the years of sleaze, scandals, robbery, corruption, cronyism, incompetence, racism, transphobia, selfishness, careerism, capriciousness, vindictiveness, sneering, self-righteousness, and non-stop lying about it that this is the thing making people stand up and scream. Itā€™s because we followed public health orders as a collective to save others and didnā€™t see our families and our families are dead and we had funerals on zoom and these fuckers are rubbing shit in our bereavement.

10 Likes

this is the thing making people stand up and scream.

There is something about the political mindset I donā€™t get on an instinctive level; that I freely admit and itā€™s probably that which leaves me feeling the same way. Now, thereā€™s little doubt that me in politics would go well past ā€œpolicy wonkā€ into full blown ā€œtechnocratā€ (though that seems to sell well in :de: ā€¦ :thinking:). I would not be the sort of politician to have a beer with.

Crossposted from Today in Transphobia:

5 Likes

Yeah, this was the one who was pictured laughing and joking about holding a party in Number 10, while the rest of the country was locked down. And the head of ITV newsā€™s first instinct is to be all sympathetic to her because the media and political worlds are so intertwined, that to him this is ā€œa good friend loses a jobā€ rather than a sign of corruption and lawbreaking at the heart of government.

Itā€™s almost a cartoonish form of evil. They literally cancelled Christmas for everyone but themselves, then cackled gleefully about it when they thought people couldnā€™t see them. And a third of voters are still supporting them .

8 Likes

Itā€™s disgraceful and people really are quite rightly pissed but itā€™ll probably be forgotten next week when we have 100K cases of Omicron per day and the PM does a bit of slapstick and falls face first into a custard pie or something. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

UK and USA seek new world order for cross-border data sharing and privacy

[ā€¦]

A joint statement released [ā€¦] on Wednesday said the two nations re-committed to ā€œpromoting the trustworthy use and exchange of data across bordersā€ and plan to collaborate on the design and creation of next-gen tools that shape new global norms on data use.

[ā€¦]

2 Likes

Yesā€¦I am sure those are better, more privacy conscious norms than the EU onesā€¦

5 Likes