UK Political Thread, part the second

British intelligence recycles old argument for borking encryption: think of the children!

[…]

We saw it first crop up in the 1970s when Whitfield Diffie and Martin Hellman published on public-key encryption (something GCHQ had developed independently years before.) Such systems were labelled munitions, and their use and export severely limited – PGP creator Phil Zimmerman suffered three years of investigations in the 1990s over trying to allow private conversations.

[…]

3 Likes

This must be one of Sir Keith’s worst nightmares.

Well known, popular left wing leader runs to be an independent mayor of London. Where have I heard that before?

Labour are recycling all the old “He’ll split the vote” arguments from that election too.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Again with this shite.

portland-mad-carrie-b

4 Likes

I wonder how many times Mr V. Putin from Moscow will vote?

9 Likes

And they’re starting to lay the ground for this.

6 Likes
3 Likes

The Met being the Met again:

4 Likes

I badly wanted to walk up those queues at Dover and Folkestone asking each driver if they voted for Brexit. Those that did would be told ‘You wanted to end freedom of movement? Mission accomplished - you’re not moving now, are you. Now fuck off back home and don’t dare come here again.’

5 Likes

This is what you want. This is what you get.

3 Likes

I didn’t have the strength to follow up on the Forde Report at the time, but here are a few bits.

2 Likes

ffs

6 Likes

Terf Island astroturfing.

6 Likes

AstroTERFing?

8 Likes

No Thank You Sigh GIF by StickerGiant

2 Likes
4 Likes

John Prescott striking countryside/fuel protester

A genuine, passionate (too passionate?) Labour politician.

1 Like

So this is Johnson’s plan.

4 Likes

Totally normal country:

7 Likes

vilify
vĭl′ə-fī″

1. To attack the reputation of (a person or thing) with strong or abusive criticism. synonym: malign.
  2. To make vile; to debase; to degrade; to disgrace.
  3. To degrade or debase by report; to defame; to traduce; to calumniate.

If we lean on the second and third points then, absent a modern legal precedent for the meaning of “vilify”, wouldn’t that lead to the arrest of the entire Tory party. /s

Or perhaps he’s having one of those “L’État, c’est moi” moments. :thinking:

6 Likes