UK Political Thread, part the second

Talking of idiots

Some people won’t accept the horror of 2020’s Britain until they experience it themselves.

5 Likes

So electoral fraud in the UK is apparently a big enough problem that we need voter ID, and at the same time so insignificant that we can afford to strip the Electoral Commission of its powers of prosection:

6 Likes

Do you think we can get some kids to sing this instead?

4 Likes

To be honest, I think you’d have a better chance of persuading British kids to sing that.

Or maybe this:

1 Like

Campaigners warn of an ‘algorithm-driven censorship’ future if UK Online Safety Bill gets through Parliament

MPs and anti-censorship campaigners have warned that the British government’s Online Safety Bill “mistakes the medium for the message” and will result in algorithms censoring anyone who posts something on social media that could get a Silicon Valley company into trouble.
[…]

2 Likes

So many benefits of brexit. So many.

4 Likes

Treaty of Roam finally in ashes: O2 cracks, joins rivals, adds data roaming charges for heavy users in EU

5 Likes

I was specifically told by Brexiters in the run-up to the referendum that I was scaremongering when I said that roaming charges would come back and that this wasn’t an achievement of the EU anyway because Three had already abolished them a year before the EU law was in effect.

(Which apparently totally wasn’t a marketing ploy to take credit for what they knew they would soon be forced to do anyway)

6 Likes

Hancock attempts to be more Tory

Don’t read the link it is from the Sun

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is the best thread for this, but apparently this is happening:

4 Likes

I… But… bhehehe… What?

5 Likes
4 Likes

Please don’t post it. I haven’t.

4 Likes

Now I’m trying to imagine John Major do this scene.

4 Likes

That is a good one, I also like the fourth sugggestion from this page:

2 Likes

Or we could go with the classics

Sing it in French to increase the chance of Brexiters having an stroke.

7 Likes

Backbench Tory campaigner promises judicial review of data grab of English GP patients unless UK government changes tack

A judicial review will inevitability challenge the UK government’s plans to extract millions of sensitive medical records held on GP systems in England, according to a high-profile backbench Conservative MP.

Speaking in Parliament last night, David Davis said that if privacy campaigners’ concerns over the government’s plans for General Practice Data for Planning and Research (GPDPR) were not addressed, they would seek a formal process to stop it.
[…]

2 Likes

Starmer tries to out-Tory the Tories again.

It’s the Disability Labour AGM a week tomorrow, I’m sure this news will go down well there. /s

4 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes