UK Politics Thread

Yep.

Massive swing to the LDs. 23000 majority from last year overturned. Guess he’ll just have to go and cry himself to sleep on his enormous pile of money now.

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/804509947098791936

2 Likes

This has been boiling my fucking piss, this has. It’s obviously a negotiating stunt, Hanlon’s Razor notwithstanding. No-one going to brief the PM leaves handwritten notes face up on a stack under their arm in range of journalist’s cameras unless they want them to be seen, or the PM would have said staffer’s head on a plate.

5 Likes

Oh, this is nice.

1 Like

Really don’t need a new series of The Thick of It

5 Likes

What the fuck!?

I read his wikipedia page to see if he had any redeeming qualities that I had missed over the last ten years.

No, he hasn’t. He’s among the lowest of the Tories.

1 Like

Come on Video, we’re all counting on you…

8 Likes

Back to the LDs then, I guess.

3 Likes

Assuming the Nasty Party is out of contention -

To wear a shirt
that’s relatively clean
you needn’t ever
launder off the dirt -
if you possess
two shirts to choose between
and always change
into the cleaner shirt.

• Piet Hein
5 Likes

Well, my vote in the UK is in a Con/Lab marginal which is heavily Brexit, so voting LD would be a total waste and I should still vote Labour, as fucking hopeless as I think they are, and as much as a big fuck you this is to anyone who voted remain because they wanted to retain freedom of movement…

3 Likes
4 Likes

Dammit. All right, Bugs, you can put away the saw.

4 Likes

FUKP won’t be happy with that.

2 Likes

Labour are fucked whatever they say about the EU. Whatever position they take will lose them votes which they can’t afford to do, with Scotland unlikely to switch back from the SNP.

I don’t think I am going back to the LibDems though, unless Charles Kennedy comes back to life and becomes leader again.

I misread that as Peter Hain

5 Likes

Corbyn to try copying Orange Tiny Hands?!

I’m glad I don’t get paid in GBP any more.

I see Tristram Hunt has seen where the Labour Party is headed. Always thought he was a very odd fit for Stoke. I guess if his constituency was being removed anyway…

3 Likes

so did the people of Stoke. He was parachuted into the safe seat by the central party, which led to the local labour party members resigning and backing an independent candidate.

1 Like

Tristram Hunt isn’t exactly welcome in his new role either

2 Likes
1 Like

I guess the plan is to become an offshore tax haven.

I’m sure she’ll get a great trade deal from Trump though.

2 Likes