UK Politics Thread

Every now and again, they do something useful.

2 Likes

Apparently political unions are a good idea according to Tories again now.

Also, Farage being a clot:

https://twitter.com/julian5news/status/837700518990458881

1 Like

Looks like a power grab from here.

2 Likes

Lovely.

1 Like

Theresa may accusing the snp of ‘tunnel vision’ nationalism? This from the party that is chasing some ridiculous notion of outdated sovereignty while steam rolling over our civil rights and basic human decency to obtain it. Excuse me…

5 Likes

No reason May shouldn’t gamble on the intransigent apathy that so fills my countrymen to the brim it falls out of their mouths whenever they try to gasp another opinion from the foetid mire of propaganda in which we drown.

She understands through some archaic, predatory intelligence that her prey is so weary of harried pursuit, it might be more ready to lash out and mortally wound itself than prolong such vitriolic sufferance.

4 Likes
1 Like

Not entirely surprising, given what the effect of what the collected government of the union is set to do, will have on them. (And how much actual listening about this seems to be happening.)

I still find it disheartening that it’s the DUP and SF in power, rather than the UUP and SDLP. But that ship seems to have sailed.

yes, though SF have come a long way in a short space of time. they were always far more willing to get things done politically, ignoring for a moment a pointless 20+ year period where nothing was achieved other than what had already been agreed at sunningdale. but UUP being replaced by the DUP is particularly disheartening, and the SDLP have at least held out in the recent election (increased their seat-count even I think, now the third biggest party). I’d probably vote Alliance if I lived there.

seems unlikely they’ll manage to form a government though, unless Foster falls on her sword. the brits taking the reigns again isn’t going to help with the brexit negotiations either.

2 Likes

Douglas Carswell is living in fantasy land.

1 Like

Either that, or he just really, really wants to piss Nigel Falange off.

1 Like

I’ve been avoiding the national news because of the budget. I don’t want to know how they are going to fuck the disabled over right now.

Local news is bad enough.

2 Likes

The budget sounded pretty shit, to be honest.

Screwing over the self-employed and state schools with solar panels by the sound of it.

And more austerity, forever. Unless you’re Surrey county council, natch.

1 Like

Tim Martin, the founder of pub chain JD Wetherspoon and a vocal Brexit campaigner, said Britain could not afford to put the brake on immigration. He called for a special deal for EU workers which took advantage of its proximity compared with countries such as India and China.

What, like, being in the EU? Another genius Brexiteer.

10 Likes

It’s austerity all the way down and another broken manifesto that’s creating a howling wind as a result of the spin they’re desperately doing. May’s constant self-righteous, sneering attitude whenever she’s questioned about shit like this again leaves me baffled why her approval ratings are so high. The party of the working people indeed haha

2 Likes

Yet the disabled are attacked because they don’t work hard enough.

If I could have a four day a month job with support for my disabilities I wouldn’t be out of work, and I’d do it for a lot less than £650,000 a year. I know I am not the only person in that situation.

7 Likes

Fucks sake.

Now I need some pepto bismol and a spliff plan to evacuate to Mars…

I may be dredging up old memories, but

written by the same trolley who wrote this

Why Only Russian Journalists Can Be Trusted in America Right Now
Generic 2018 U.S. Election Cycle Recycling Bin - #1280 by jerwin

Or…

Just get the vote right this time.

4 Likes